- Cultural village tours
- Fishing with a professional fishing guide
- Flight over Kariba dam wall
- Fllight over Matusadona game reserve
- Game Drives
- Lodge type; Safari Camp
- Location; Lake Kariba
- Lodge size; 10 Rooms
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Bumi Hills Safari Lodge, located on top of a hill overlooking Lake Kariba, the perfect location for sunrises, sunsets and sighting wildlife at the lake edge. There are very few lodges in Southern Africa that sit in such a prime position; views are amazing, utterly amazing.
Bumi Hills offers up game drives, walking safaris, boating, fishing, village visits and sunset cruises. Each of the activities offers up the chance to spot a wide variety of wildlife including; elephant, buffalo, kudu, and impala abound, while lions can be heard on the hunt.
Nearly 400 bird species have already been documented in this region of Zimbabwe.
In our opinion, a few nights stay here is a must for anyone visiting Zimbabwe.
All of the ten luxurious suites are positioned in such a way that ensures privacy and absolutely amazing views of Lake Kariba.
All 10 suites offer up;
- En-suite bathroom
- Battery charging points
- Private viewing deck
The Baobab Villa, on the other hand, is more suitable for families or those that want that little bit more privacy, the villa consists of;
- Living room bar
- Indoor and outdoor dining decks
- Private butler, safari guide and a dedicated safari vehicle
Fine dining is the order of the day whether it be breakfast, lunch, high tea or dinner. Dining locations include both indoor and outdoor areas with spectacular views out over Lake Kariba.
Private dining options are also available on request for those special occasions.
Bumi Hills Safari Lodge's main area includes a visitor service area, a guest lounge with internet facilities, a snooker room and TV lounge, and a retail facility.
- Air-conditioned conference room for 40 guests.
- Exclusive boardroom for 12 guests- Daily laundry service (weather permitting).
- Wildlife DVDs and reference books are available from guest services.
- Spa chill pool/steam room/massage tents/relaxation area and sundeck.
- 220 Volt electricity is available by the generator (off between 2300 hrs and 0530 hrs).
Bumi Hills Safari features a selection of activities that often consist of game viewing in open safari vehicles, on foot escorted by a specialized guide and motorboat.
The sunset luxury cruise offers visitors with excellent photo-taking prospects, particularly of the well known Kariba sunsets.
Bird watching at the hide and casual fishing are also available.
All activities are included in the price.
Children of all ages are most welcome, although Bumi Hills Safari Lodge is best suited for kids 8 years and older.
A small spa and wellness centre is available as is a small but well-equipped gym.
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
Rates from US$520.00 pp
- All meals
- All beverages
- Two game viewing activities per day
- Transfers from nearest airstrip
- Bumi Hills Anti-poaching Unit donation
- Premium imported spirits and champagne
- All flights
- All transfers
- All other transfer not mentioned
- Other government fees
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Spa and wellness treatments