- Lodge type; Bush Camp
- Location; South Luangwa
- Lodge size; 5 Suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
- Views of the Luangwa River
- Perfect for honeymooners and romantics
- Small and intimate
- Game drives and walking safaris
- 450+ bird species in summer
- Fantastic guides
- That swimming pool is a life saver in summer
Luangwa River Camp, nestled under a giant ebony grove on the banks of the Luangwa River. With just five thatched suites on offer and a maximum of ten guests at any one time, River camp is the perfect safari destination for those looking for a more intimate safari experience in the Luangwa Valley.
Luangwa River Camp offers an experience not to be missed with fantastic wildlife and birdlife around almost every corner, knowledgeable and professional guides and trackers all topped off with exceptional service. What more could one ask for?
A perfect destination for honeymooners and romantics alike.
Only five thatched suites are available each with large bedrooms with mosquito netting, en-suite bathroom facilities with double basins, bath and shower.
A verandah with seating for two offers up exquisite views out over the Luangwa River below.
Luangwa River Camp offers up delicious meals three times a day all prepared from the freshest and best local produce available.
All meals and drinks are included in the fully inclusive rate (excluding top shelf alcohol).
Most dietary requests are catered for. Please note, people with severe nut allergies cannot be catered for as they cannot guarantee a completely nut-free environment.
The thatched central guest area is the camp's social hub; it is here that all safari activities start and end. Under the thatch, a full bar, dining area and lounge awaits, outdoor a wooden viewing deck play host to a swimming pool with loungers and a shaded dining area.
The central guest area is small and intimate as the camp only accommodates a maximum of 10 guests at any one time.
The last we heard WiFi was not available.
Luangwa River Camp is located in the South Luangwa area that plays host to large concentrations of wildlife including; elephant, buffalo, leopard, lion, giraffe, hippo, and for the birders out there over 450 species of birds.
Safari activities available;
- Morning and afternoon game drives
- Walking safari excursions
- Seasonal boating excursions
- Cultural village and school tours
- Tour of the Wildlife Education Centre
Rates from US$500.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- Two game viewing activities per day (game drives or walking safaris)
- Local drinks
- Transfers to/from Mfuwe Airport
- Meet and greet at Lusaka and Mfuwe
- All flights
- All park entrance fees and levies
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature