Clifftop Safari Lodge
- Enquire Now
- Safari Lodge Information
- - Lodge type; Luxury Safari Lodge
- - Location; Welgevonden Reserve
- - Hotel size; 8 suites
- - Recommended stay; 2-4 nights
Clifftop Exclusive Safari Hideaway is situated a mere 2.5 hours drive from Johannesburg, the Waterberg Mountains are acclaimed by South African Tourism as "South Africa's hottest bush destination. a glorious malaria-free district".
The Waterberg Biosphere's approach to both conservation and community upliftment recently led to its recognition by the United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO).
Rooms & Suites:
Awash with the sounds of the Sterkstroom River flowing below, each of the 8 luxury suites is en suite, with both indoor and outdoor showers.
Each room at Clifftop Exclusive Safari Hideaway has its own private deck and plunge pool affording our guests the opportunity to watch game in the river valley and the opposing cliff face while basking in the privacy of their secluded suites.
Food & Wine:
Enjoy sundowners from an extensive bar, a sherry next to one of the many indoor fireplaces, or cocktails on the pool deck while watching the magnificent sunset.
The cuisine at Clifftop is a superb fusion of African and Western flavours. Craig Spencer and his team (whilst specialising in an extensive variety of unique game dishes) offer a menu to surpass the expectations of the most discerning diner.
– Game viewing in open vehicles affords guests the opportunity of viewing fauna and flora, whilst traversing the undulating hills, following river courses and open savannah plains. The reserve is well stocked with lion, leopard, cheetah, wild dog, rhino, elephant, zebra, giraffe and plenty of other mammals, birds and trees.
– For the young at heart, exhilarating bush walks with trained and armed Field Guides, conducted along the Sterkstroom River Valley will introduce you to the wonders of nature at ground level. Birds, trees, shrubs, insects and rocks will never be the same again!
- Rates from: R 4175.00
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - RSA; from £ 611
- USA - RSA; from $ 1390
- EUR - RSA; from € 495
- Subject to availability & T&C's