Rates from R7 155.00 pp sharing
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Shamwari Private Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 5 Luxury Suites
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Named after a supreme Xhosa Chief, who reigned in the late 1800’s, Sarili Lodge offers contemporary comfort perched above the Bushman’s River, overlooking the grassy plains of ancient Africa.
For exciting, luxury safari in a malaria-free environment that is perfect for the whole family, Sarili Lodge in the Shamwari Private Game Reserve should be at the top of your list. This lodge boasts majestic views of the Bushman’s River and the grassy plains but also offers supreme comfort, magnificent sunsets and a wildlife experience that you’ll never forget.
Sarili is a private oasis for family, groups and friends. This lodge provides the perfect bush experience.
Shamwari Private Game Reserve is situated in the Eastern Cape of South Africa, offers visitors 25 000 hectares of wildlife and birdlife rich reserve to explore.
Shamwari South Africa is home to Africa's Big 5 (elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard), is malaria free and is situated in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. Shamwari has received numerous international awards, including the World's Leading Conservation Company and Game Reserve for many consecutive years.
Large numbers of ungulates sustain a healthy population of lion, cheetah and the elusive leopard. Grasslands are home to white rhino, and the subtropical thicket provides browsing for elephant and black rhino. Hippo is found in the riverine habitat. The reintroduced red-billed ox-pecker is a common site on buffalo, rhino and giraffe.
Sarilli Lodge offers guest 5 luxury rooms altogether (3x river view rooms and 2 courrtyard rooms), each of the rooms has a sleeping area, a dressing area and a bathroom (with bath and walk-in-shower).
All rooms (and suite) are luxuriously appointed while offing air conditioning for the summer months and under floor heating in the bathrooms for the winter months.
- Air conditioning
- Underfloor heating in the bathrooms
- Private mini bar
- En-suite bathroom with separate shower
As one can expect, the cuisine is up there with the best in South Africa and is served in either one of the indoor or outdoor venues. Child-friendly meals are also available for our fussy little eaters.
An extensive wine list is available showcasing the very best of what South Africa has to offer.
The main area offers a shared living and dining area with fireplace for those chilly winters evenings. The outside dining and relaxing area offer up amazing vistas out over the Bushman's River and beyond.
Spa treatments are available but not on-site, guests can book Spa Treatments at the Long Lee Manor Spa which is a few minutes drive away (see below).
- Heated swimming pool with shallow area for children
- WI-Fi connection
- Lounge area with satellite TV
- In and outdoor Dining Facilities
Activities available at Shamwari Sarili Lodge include;
- Two game drives per day (morning and evening)
- Birding Safaris
- The Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
- The Born Free Big Cat Sanctuaries
- Spa treatments
- Pro photo safari option
- Kids on Safari programme
Shamwari spa treatments are the ideal way to unwind; each treatment can be tailored for either men or women.
- Eagles Crag Lodge; 2 treatments rooms, a hydro bath, sauna and steam bath
- Lobengula Lodge; 1 treatment rooms and sauna
- Long Lee Manor; 3 treatment rooms and gym
- Bayethe Tented Lodge; Private, twin treatment rooms
A variety of treatments are available including (should you require we can forward a full Spa Menu upon enquiry)
- Hand and foot rituals
- Game drives
- The Born Free Big Cat Sanctuary
- Spa treatments (available nearby)
- All cuisine
- 3 Meals per day
- 2 Game Drives per day
- Local Beverages
- Tea, Coffees and Water
- Guided Walks
- Tourism levy and VAT
- Visits to Educational Centres
- French Champagne and Premium Brands
- Relaxation Retreats
- Items of a personal nature
- Conservation Levy