Rates from R8 220.00 pp sharing
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Shamwari Private Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 12 tented suites
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Shamwari Bayethe Tented Lodge is a splendid stone walled and thatch-roofed lodge with a large deck area overlooking a waterhole. There is a double volume lounge and dining area which spills out onto the deck which is adjacent to the outside boma for traditional fireside dining under the stars.
This tented paradise offers guests the opportunity to immerse themselves in utter tranquillity, surrounded by the rich vegetation of this unique location that provides privacy and a feeling of seclusion with spectacular views of the African bush.
Shamwari Private Game Reserve is situated in the Eastern Cape of South Africa, offers visitors 25 000 hectares of wildlife and birdlife rich reserve to explore.
Shamwari Private Game Reserve is home to Africa's Big 5 (elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard), is malaria-free and is situated in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. Shamwari has received numerous international awards, including the World's Leading Conservation Company and Game Reserve for many consecutive years.
Large numbers of ungulates sustain a healthy population of lion, cheetah and the elusive leopard. Grasslands are home to white rhino, and the subtropical thicket provides browsing for elephant and black rhino. Hippo is found in the riverine habitat. The reintroduced red-billed ox-pecker is a common site on buffalo, rhino and giraffe.
The 12 luxury tents of Shamwari Bayethe Lodge are camouflaged under trees allowing for ample privacy and unsurpassed comforts. Each tent is air-conditioned and heated and has an en-suite bathroom, shower, private plunge pool and viewing deck.
- Plunge pool
- Private deck
- En-suite bathroom with indoor bath and outdoor shower
Fine dining and bush cuisines are part and parcel of ones stay. The Shamwari wine list is specially selected and includes a choice of 12 red and 12 white South African wines. A further selection of rare and fine wines and imported French champagne is also available. A selection of Cuban cigars are on offer from the humidor.
In addition to the individual tents, this lodge also offers a communal area, in which the facilities include:
- Bush Relaxation Retreat
- Gift boutique
- Central lounge area
- In and outdoor dining facilities
- Outdoor deck with swimming pool
Activities available at Shamwari Bayethe Tented Lodge include;
- Two game drives per day (morning and evening)
- Birding Safaris
- The Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
- The Born Free Big Cat Sanctuaries
- Spa treatments
- Pro photo safari option
Shamwari spa treatments are the ideal way to unwind; each treatment can be tailored for either men or women. Yoga therapy is also an option.
- Eagles Crag Lodge; 2 treatments rooms, a hydrobath, sauna and steam bath
- Lobengula Lodge; 1 treatment rooms and sauna
- Long Lee Manor; 3 treatment rooms and gym
- Bayethe Tented Lodge; Private, twin treatment rooms
A variety of treatments are available including (should you require we can forward a full Spa Menu upon enquiry)
- Hand and foot rituals
- Plunge pools
- Fantastic safari experience
- Tented suites
- Wildlife and birdlife
- Game drive
- 3 Meals per day
- 2 Game Drives per day
- Local Beverages
- Tea, Coffees and Water
- Guided Walks
- Tourism levy and VAT
- Visits to Educational Centres
- French Champagne and Premium Brands
- Relaxation Retreats
- Items of a personal nature
- Conservation Levy