- Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- Duration; 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Lodging; Camping
- Group Size; Minimum 2
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Day 1: Kaoko Otavi
- Departing from Palmwag Lodge to Sesfontein and Opuwo over the Sesfontein Pass.
- The trail continues in a westerly direction and stops for a short visit at Kaoko Otavi.
- Encounter various Ovahimba families.
- Camping on the banks of the Hoarusib River.
Day 2: Orupembe
- Time and again one meets Ovahimba families, and the guest will have, if not today, the opportunity to explore an Ovahimba village as well as a traditional hut.
- The guest learns about the customs and way of life of this nomadic tribe.
- The Ovahimba gratefully accept sugar, confectionery, tobacco and other trinkets as gifts.
- Overnight open camp in the region of Orupembe, a large Ovahimba settlement.
Day 3: Kunene
- We continue into the western part of Kaokoland into the Hartmann Valley.
- Our destination today is Camp Serra Cafema.
- Fully furnished twin/ double premier living units en suite, with hot and cold water, a swimming pool, small bar - all this in a relaxing atmosphere under lovely shady Ana Trees (Faidherbia Aalbida) on the banks of the mighty Kunene River.
Day 4: Kunene
- Today guests are indulged with a guided 4x4 sightseeing tour, hike in the gorges and valleys of the Hartmann Valley, a boat trip on the Kunene River and visit an Ovahimba family in the vicinity of the camp.
- The Hartmann Valley is unique and offers the guests the opportunity to enjoy, in perfect solitude; nature at its purest.
Day 5: Orupembe
- Today we say "Adieu Camp Cafema" and embark on our return journey to Palmwag.
- Via Rooidrom the journey takes us through the western Kaokoland to Orupembe.
- We traverse almost deserted contrasting landscapes, ranging from desert to the Kaokohighland.
- Camping on the public camp site at Purros.
Day 6: Hoanib River
- After breakfast, the journey continues in a southerly direction through the beautiful Hoarusib River Valley towards the Hoanib River.
- With a bit of luck, the desert elephant can be sighted. Camping in one of the many branches of the Hoanib River.
- Small herds of elephant often stroll past the camp unhindered.
Day 7: Palmwag Lodge, Safari Ends
- Break up camp and game drive in search of elephants.
- After a short sojourn at Sesfontein, a one-time Schutztruppen outpost which functions as a lodge nowadays, the journey takes us back to Palmwag Lodge.
- End of Tour.
From NAD$ 19 600.00 per person sharing
The Above Rates should be used as a guideline only.
- Rates are in Namibian Dollars (NAD)
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- Travelling costs as per itinerary; game drives, activities, entrance- and park fees
- Accommodation in two-man tents / double rooms
- Full board, refreshment drinks en route, house wine and beer at dinner whilst camping
- Experienced guiding in English or German
- VAT and Bed levy
- Expenses of a personal nature, i.e. laundry, telephone, gratuities, souvenirs, etc
- Personal, medical and evacuation insurances
- Additional activities
- Alcoholic beverages and drinks