Namibia Distance Table
Namibia distance table in kilometres featuring all the main cities and towns that are close to a few of the main attractions. A reference point, especially for those at the planning point of a guided or self-drive safari, the distance between destinations as well as the type of roads is important. Travelling 8 hours + a day is not a safari. One should be looking at driving not more than 4 to 5 hours a day when travelling between destinations in Namibia, giving one time in the afternoon to participate in sightseeing after checking into one's lodge or hotel.
To calculate approximate driving times, the speed limits in Namibia are as follows; 120km/h on highways and 80 km/h on dirt roads.
General driving rules for travel in Namibia;
- Never drive at night, unless in an emergency
- Ask locals about roads conditions to your next destination
- Extra fuel, water and snacks are essentials
- One can never go wrong with a good paper map as a backup for GPS units
- Toilet paper in the vehicle will never go amiss
As a side note; we find that playing around in Google Maps a great tool to not only get approximate distances and also driving times (although driving times can change dramatically. especially when the route is via dirt roads).