- Lodge type; Safari Camp
- Location; Namib Desert
- Lodge size; 65 Rooms
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
- Two swimming pools (one shallow for children).
- Walking and Mountain bike trails within the reserve.
- Spend a night at "Namib Dune Star Camp".
- 40 Kilometres away from Sesriem.
- The fossilised dunes within a 2-minute walk from the lodge.
- Rooms are perfect size all with air-conditioning.
Namib Desert Lodge sits at the very foot of the 'fossilised' dunes of the protomorphic Namib. Situated just 60 km north of Sesriem, the gateway to famous Sossusvlei, and not far from the main road, the lodge is an ideal starting point for an excursion to the highest dunes in the world.
Sossusvlei is situated right in the middle of the dune Namib, the sand sea which covers south-western Namibia between the Kuiseb River east of Walvis Bay and the tar road from Aus to Lüderitz. The entire area is part of the national Namib Naukluft Park. Visitor access is limited to a few places only.
The lodge is set among tall trees and palms, a restaurant (with indoor and outdoor dining areas) and two swimming pools, all of which invite you to linger and relax. Join a drive through the magnificent scenery or just enjoy the thrill of Gemsbok and Springbok frequenting the illuminated watering hole after dusk.
There are 65 rooms with en-suite bathrooms and semi-private verandas, allowing you to sit outside your room and enjoy a spectacular desert sunset. All rooms offer air-conditioning, ample space and really comfortable bedding. There are no TV's in any of the rooms.
Rooms are divided into the following options;
- 57 Twin rooms
- 3 Family rooms
- 4 Triple rooms
- 1 room suitable for guests with restricted mobility
The thatched restaurant is generously appointed and also includes a cosy bar and a cellar well-stocked with excellent South African wines.
Dinners are in general a buffet styled affair, with three courses on offer. A light lunch menu offers up the likes of hamburgers, pizzas and salads.
A wide selection of beer, cool drinks and wine is available from the bar or service staff.
- Secure Parking
- Mobile Connectivity
- 24-hour Security
- Wi-Fi (100 MB free)
- 2 Swimming Pools
- Sossusvlei and the highest dunes on earth
- The fossilized dunes and the sand sea of the Namib
- Scenic drives through the Gondwana Nature Reserve
- Drive to Sesriem Canyon (60km drive from the lodge)
- Drive to Naukluft Mountains
- Desert birds and wildlife
- A visit to Solitaire
Children and families are of course most welcome. Child activities and a shallow swimming pool (separate from the main pool) are available.
Rates from NAD$ 1 516.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in Namibian Dollars (NAD)
*Rates may vary according to season
- VAT and applicable taxes
- All other meals
- All drinks
- All activities
- Travel insurance