- Lodge type; Safari Camp
- Location; Kunene River
- Lodge size; 8 Thatched suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
- Nature drives in Hartmann's Valley in open Land Rovers
- Boating trips on the Kunene River
- Nature walks in the valleys and at the waterfalls
- Visit a working Himba village (should the nomadic people be in the area
- Optional full day outing to Marienfluss Valley with a packed picnic lunch
Serra Cafema Camp, one of the remotest destinations in all of Africa, offers one of the most memorable experiences.
Perched on the banks of the Kunene River, the region is shared with the beautiful and colourful Himba people, some of the last true nomadic people of Africa. The camp is situated under big, shady Albia trees with uninterrupted views of the Kunene river valley. The Kunene River Lodge is elevated on wooden decks with walkways to each tent.
Game viewing in this area is limited to large herds of Oryx and springbok in the Hartman's valley. The Kunene River has a large population of Nile Crocodiles; there are also some endemic reptiles.
The camp has eight canvas and thatched chalets on spacious decks, each with its own en-suite bathroom.
Attention to detail, elevated decks and simple structures of wood, canvas, and thatch create a camp that is at one with its surroundings.
Cuisine, no matter the time of day is of a very high standard. High tea is of a particular highlight.
The Ozonganda, or central area, comprises indoor and outdoor dining areas, sunken lounge, river bar, library, curio shop and swimming pool, all looking out over the Kunene River.
The variety of activities at this Kunene River Lodge to explore the breathtaking landscape includes informative nature drives that tread lightly on the fragile habitats and boating on the Kunene River, where crocodiles and water birds seem out of place in this moonscape environment.
Walking in the remote mountain and river valleys are also a highlight, as is a visit to a Himba settlement, should the nomadic people be in the area. One of the highlights of Serra Cafema is the carefully guided quad bike excursions that tread lightly on the dunes while allowing guests to experience a real desert.
The fairy circle phenomenon is best viewed in the Hartmann's Valley.
Families are most welcome with child-friendly activities and family-friendly accommodation options.
Rates from NAD$ 9 450.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in Namibian Dollars (NAD)
*Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- Twice daily scheduled camp activities
- Park fees
- Laundry at camps which are able to provide this service
- Namibian VAT and Tourism Levy
- Local beverages
- Local and international flights
- Premium imported beverages and champagne
- Items of a personal nature
- Optional activities
- Travel insurance