- Game drives
- Escorted walks
- Absolute in Luxury
- Family suites are amazing
- Spa, wellness and yoga options
- Bush breakfasts
- Views of Mt. Kilimanjaro and Chyulu Hills
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Tsavo West
- Lodge size; 17 Tented suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
One man's dream to relive the golden era of a Kenya safari, a safari experience based around absolute elegance, 5-star comfort, the finest cuisine, all the while being surrounded by a spectacular and pristine wilderness.
Was the dream accomplished? Yes, and yes, in every single way.
Finch Hattons Luxury Tented Camp is unfenced and wild and is located within a private 35-acre concession within the Tsavo West National Park. The Tsavo West is home to lions, leopards, elephants, buffalos, cheetahs, gerenuks, wildebeests, oryx, bushbucks, elands, giraffes, hartebeests and impalas.
Seventeen elevated luxury tented suites offer up panoramic views of the surrounding landscape; all suites are positioned far enough apart to guarantee the utmost privacy.
- 14x luxury tented suites; multi-level elevated decks, king or Twin bed configuration, en-suite bathroom with double shower, bathtub and twin hand basins.
- 2x family suites; viewing deck with outdoor seating, a spacious communal lounge and two large bedrooms with en-suite facilities that include double shower, bathtub and twin hand basins.
- 1x one bedroomed Finch Hattons Suite (exclusive); the absolute in luxury, a viewing deck, large bedroom, magnificent bathroom, heated plunge pool, lounge area and pantry. A private butler is included to cap things off.
Experienced and exceptionally skilled Kenyan chefs specialize in delicious, unpretentious and wholesome safari cuisine use only the best locally sourced and organically grown ingredients.
Various dining locations are available, including various indoor and outdoor dining locations around the main lodge, bush breakfasts and private options for those special occasions.
Menus can be tailor-made to consider both vegetarian and vegan guests and any other preferences one may have with regards to cuisine.
A cigar lounge has a luxurious selection of premium cigars which can be matched with an exceptional range of whiskeys and brandies from the fully stocked bar.
The large, luxurious and welcoming central guest area at Finch Hattons offers guests numerous lounges, a library and research centre, an indoor dining area and bar, a boutique safari shop, all under thatch.
Outdoors, a boma area with a fire pit, a swimming pool and a 12m high observation deck, amongst others aspects, await.
A business centre is available should one need to put in a few hours work, conference call or keep up with the business world.
WiFi is available throughout the entire camp (including suites).
- Early and afternoon game drives
- Night drives
- Guided nature walks
- Crater climbs
- Private game drives (arranged on request)
- Sundowner's in the scenic Chyulu Hills (arranged on request)
- Bush breakfasts (arranged on request)
- Amboseli National Park day tours (arranged on request)
- Lake Jipe day tour (arranged on request)
- The historic Tsavo Rail bridge day tour, scene of the famous "Man-Eaters of Tsavo" tale (arranged on request)
Finch Hattons is family-friendly, offering suitable accommodation, facilities and activities from even the youngest members of one's family (minimum age of six years old). Two large and luxurious family suites are available; please book in advance.
Some of the activities available are;
- Bush survival skills
- Guided walks to learn about flora and fauna
- Identifying animal footprints
- Make bow and arrows
- Spear throwing
- Cooking lesson
- Culture learning
An impressive spa and wellness centre (the largest bush spa in East Africa) with stunning views of the majestic Chyulu Hills and surrounding wildlife.
Spa and wellness amenities;
- A yoga deck
- An infinity pool
- 2x Outdoor air-conditioned massage pavilions
- A hammam
- A fitness centre
If health and fitness is part and parcel of one's every daily (or weekly) routine, look no fourth than Finch Hattons.
From US$ 820.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
Rates form part of a Kenya Safari itinerary
- All meals
- Return Finch Hattons airstrip transfers
- Scheduled activities (including game drives and sundowners)
- Use of spa facilities (excluding treatments)
- Non-alcoholic & alcoholic beverages (excluding premium brands)
- Park fees
- Air transfers
- Spa treatments
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities, Tips & personal expenses
- Optional activities