- Game drives and walking safaris
- Mountain bike trails
- Horse riding safaris
- Camelback safaris
- Stunning views over the Laikipia Plains
- Wildlife and birdlife photography
- Large tented suites
- Those VIEWS :)
- Lodge type; Safari Camp
- Location; Loisaba Wilderness
- Lodge size; 12 luxury tents
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Loisaba Tented Camp is set within the 60,000-acre private Loisaba Conservancy. This stunning camp perched on the edge of a five hundred foot escarpment overlooking the Laikipia Plains with views that defy description.
No matter where in camp one stands, the views across the Laikipia Plains and onto Mt Kenya in the distance are simply breathtaking.
The myriad of safari and cultural activities on offer could, in theory, keep one entertained for months on end. These activities include; game drives and walks, horse and camel excursions, fishing, mountain biking and cultural visits to Samburu villages, to mention a few.
To say the tented suites at Loisaba are large is probably the understate of the year; simply put, they are massive. Open on three sides (if you want), wooden floors, exceptional views, covered verandahs, lounge and seating area, bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms.
Of the twelve tented suites, three are dedicated family options with connected en-suite bedrooms, perfect for families only safari. One of the families suites does offer up a private infinity pool, but this unit does need to be booked well in advance.
Simply put, the cuisine at Loisaba Camp is scrumptious no matter the time of day. All meals are prepared using only the finest and freshest locally sourced ingredients; a child-friendly menu is also available.
A particular highly of one stay are the bush breakfasts and lunches that complement the available safari activities.
Most dietary requests can be catered for with advanced notice.
The stunning central guest area at Loisaba Tented Camp is perched high above the surrounding Loisaba Conservancy with views that pretty much stretch on forever (or at least Mt Kenya in the distance).
A large indoor dining area and bar, separate lounge and small library are all under canvas, outdoors, a wooden viewing and dining deck and a spectacular rim-flow swimming pool await.
WiFi and charging facilities are available around the central guest area.
Loisaba Conservancy offers guests a whole host of safari and cultural-based activities in which to participate. It would take you months to explore and experience all that is within the Loisaba. A truly spectacular destination by any standards.
- Walking excursions
- Game drives (day and night)
- Horseback safaris
- Camel safaris
- Mountain bike safari excursions
- Bush breakfasts, lunches, dinners
- Fishing in local rivers and dams
- Bird watching and photography
- Cultural visits to Samburu villages
- Tours to the anti-poaching sniffer dog unit
Loisaba Tented Camp welcomes families with children of all ages with suitable accommodation (3x family suites), children friendly safari and educational activities, as well as menus that children will love, even the fussy ones.
From US$ 650.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
Rates form part of a Kenya Safari itinerary
- All meals
- Soft drinks, beer, house wine & selected spirits
- Transfers from/to airstrip.
- Safari activities including shared game drives, mountain biking, guided bush walks and fishing (seasonal)
- Samburu village visit with optional Samburu dancers included, but a contribution paid by the guest to the village is expected
- Experienced driver-guides in custom designed safari vehicles accompany all drive activities.
- All statutory taxes (approx. 25%) including VAT.
- All flights
- Travel and health insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Champagne, exclusive cellar wines, cognacs and single malt whiskeys
- Park Fees
- Optional Activites