- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Lewa Conservancy
- Lodge size; 10 rooms
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
- Game drives and walks
- Night game drives
- Horses and camels
- Bird watching
- Game blinds and hides
- Picnics and sundowners
- Hand axes and archaeology
- Fly fishing and other excursions
Situated in the Northwest of the Conservancy, the Lewa Safari Camp offers all the comforts of home. Steamy hot showers, flush toilets, warm comfy beds at the end of a long day's game viewing.
The Lewa Wildlife Conservancy is a 62,000-acre wildlife sanctuary situated on the northern slopes of Mt Kenya. It consists of five extremely diverse ecosystems: Open savannah, Acacia forest, rocky gorges and ravines, Mountain forest and, our backbone, the Lewa swamp.
This all supports over 440 species of birds and more than 61 different mammals, including some rather rare exotic and endangered ones.
Custom made permanent tents give you the feeling of sleeping in a large luxury tent, and yet have all the conveniences of a permanent cottage or lodge room.
Waking up at dawn, you may open your "windows" and see the awakening of the wildlife and birds across Lewa. Giraffe stride elegantly across the horizon, while other animals sound out each other along with the birdlife's dawn chorus.
Most meals are taken at the main camp dining room, breakfast is served "al fresco" by the swimming pool.
All the food is fresh and much of it originates from local small-scale Masai farmers, supporting the local economy. There is also a modest wine list from which you can find a suitable bottle to accompany your evening meal.
Lewa Safari camp offers authentic comfort for its visitors; cozy log fires in the sitting room are perfect for relaxing after a day in the Conservancy.
Within the lush green gardens, the giraffe design pool has bar service and board games as well as table tennis. There are sunbeds and a shaded lounge area, perfect for reading and relaxing during the day.
At Lewa Safari Camp there are many different activites to keep you busy during your stay. Discover Lewa's fascinating flora and fauna with expert guides, watch the wildlife interact, or take a cultural stroll through Masai culture.
Safari is also a holiday and a rest – a break from today’s frenetic lifestyle.
Lewa Safari Camp offers;
- Massages – a wonderful way to ease the stress out of tired shoulders and backs.
- Manicure and pedicure – compliment those tanned limbs!
Rates on Request
Rates form part of Kenya Safari itinerary
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- Soft drinks, beer, house wine & selected spirits
- Transfers from/to Lewa airstrip - Lewa Safari Camp
- Safari activities including shared game drives, bush picnics, sundowners and guided bush walks
- Experienced driver-guides in custom designed safari vehicles accompany all drive activities
- All statutory taxes (approx. 25%) including VAT
- All flights
- Travel and health insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Champagne, exclusive cellar wines, cognacs and single malt whiskeys
- Park Fees
- Optional Activites