- Cultural Crafts and local Markets
- Dance and Theatre
- Nairobi Game Park
- Lang'ata Giraffe Centre
- Karen Butterfly Centre
- Karen Blixen Museum
- Lodge type; Hotel
- Location; Nairobi
- Lodge size; 12 Luxury suitesooms
- Recommended stay; 1-3 nights
A small and exclusive hotel ranked up there with the best in Africa, Giraffe Manor is famed for its luxurious accommodation, friendly staff, one of Nairobi's finest kitchens and of course, let us not forget the main attractions, those rare Rothschild Giraffes.
The only place on planet Earth where one can interact, feed and photography giraffe as they stick their heads through the front door and windows over breakfast tables.
Note; should one be interested in spending a few nights here, please look at booking well in advance. When we say Giraffe Manor is popular, we mean it.
On a side note, Giraffe Manor is one of the very few properties on the African continent that is included in a whole host of "bucket list" experiences. To spend a night or two here is to be spoilt rotten.
All rooms and suites offer completely different decor and style, all the while reflecting the glamour and charm of a luxurious safari ara. Six accommodation options are available in the main 'Manor House', while the other six accommodation options are located with the 'Garden Manor'.
All rooms and suites are luxurious by nature with a small lounge area, comfortable beds and glamorous en-suite 'Art Deco' bathrooms.
Rooms and suites are as follows;
- Manor house accommodation;
- Karen Blixen Suite (Family Friendly and wheelchair Friendly)
- Betty's Room (Superior Room)
- Daisy's Room (Superior Room)
- Jock's Room (Superior Room)
- Marlon's Room (Standard Room)
- Lynn's Room (Standard Room)
- Garden Manor accommodation;
- Finch Hatton Suite (Family Friendly)
- Helen's Room (Superior Room)
- Kelly's Room (Superior Room)
- Arlene's Room (Superior Room)
- Edd's Room (Superior Room)
- Salma's Room (Superior Room)
A wining and dining experience like no other in Kenya, whether it be breakfast, lunch, high tea or dinner, one is in for a right royal treat.
The in-house restaurant is only open to guests at Giraffe Manor, ensuring a personal and intimate experience.
- Small restaurant in the manor house
- Outdoor dining and viewing deck
- Gift shop
- Lounge and library
- Bar area
- Reception desk
- Chess room
- The Orchid Room
- Croquet and boules
- Spa (see below)
- A laundry service is included
Note: No swimming pool is available.
Access to the on-site AFEW Giraffe Centre is included in one's stay, most probably one of the main reasons for staying at Giraffe Manor in the first place. A short stroll through the grounds away, the centre offers up all sorts of information on the rare Rothschild Giraffe.
High tea on the lawns in front of the manor house while resident giraffes and warthogs forage nearby is an activity most certainly not to be missed.
Optional activities and tours available;
- David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
- Karen Blixen Museum
- Nairobi National Museum
- Nairobi National Park
- Bomas of Kenya
- Horse riding
- Shopping in Nairobi
- Browns Cheese tour
Numerous activities are available for the little ones; they will absolutely love the interactions with the Giraffe and other small animals on the property. Suitable accommodation and meals are available.
Children are most welcome, and under three's stay free.
A nice selection of massages and beauty treatments, including manicures or pedicures, is offered in a treatment room on the property. Booking is highly recommended as the spa is limited by space and staff.
From US$ 875.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
Rates form part of a Kenya Safari itinerary
- Airport transfers
- Transportation around the Karen and Langata area
- All meals
- House wines, house soft drinks, house beers, house spirits
- Wireless internet access
- Entrance to the AFEW Giraffe Centre
- Orchid House dining
- All flights
- Optional transfers
- Optional tours
- Champagne, luxury spirits, selected wines
- Health insurance
- Massage treatments
- Personal effects
- Travel insurance