- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Laikipia plateau
- Lodge size; 8 Thatched Suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
- Game drives
- Guided nature walks
- Line fishing
- Hilltop Sundowners
- Samburu manyatta visit
- Rock and artifacts hunting
- River swimming, tubing the 'rapids' and rock jumping
Sabuk Lodge, located on the edge of the Laikipia plateau, high above the Ewaso Nyiro River, is jam-packed with character. However, this classic safari lodge offers something different to what other lodges in the area offer. A thatched building built into the surrounding hillside with views like no other while sitting in the lap of luxury.
The surrounding area offers guests exceptional wildlife safari activities and cultural diversity excursions in which to participate. Highlights of the area include camel back excursions, remote fly camping options and guided walks and game, to mention only but a few.
The ideal time frame to look at when on safari in the area would be at least 3 days, shorter than that and one is going to miss out on activities in one of Kenya's most scenic regions.
Sabuk Lodge, with eight absolutely stunning suites all perched on a cliff's edge above the Ewaso Nyiro River, all suites have thatched roofing, stone walls and are open to the amazing vistas that surround.
- 4x open-fronted stone and thatched suites, all en-suite
- 1x family house, 2x bedrooms (one bathroom)
- 1x family room, 1x double bed and 2x single bed in one large suite
- Eagle cottage 1, 1x en-suite bedroom
- Eagle cottage 2, best for families and has its own plunge pool
The resident chef has been with Sabuk for many a year, rustling up delicious fresh, home-cooked meals for countless guests over the years. Dining is more of a homely relaxed occasion with meals suitable for all ages and all tastes.
Other than meals out in the surrounding bushveld under open skies, all other meals are served up back at the lodge in the dining area or out on the verandah.
Most dietary requests and requirements can be catered for with advance notice.
The thatched central guest area is set into the surrounding rocks on the cliff's edge overlooking the Ewaso Nyiro River. It consists of a dining area, lounge with fireplace, bar area and an outdoor verandah that offers exceptional views over the river below and surrounding hills.
A swimming pool with sun loungers is just off to the side of the central guest area, again with amazing views.
WiFi is available as is a curio shop and small spa.
Fantastic wildlife sightings in the area include; lion, elephant, buffalo and the elusive African Wild dog to mention only a few. Safari activities in the area are numerous and one has the choice of the following activities;
- Game drives
- Guided bush walks
- Cultural visits
- River activities
- Horse riding
- Bush meals
- Camel safaris
There are numerous child-friendly activities at the lodge and accommodation that is well suited for those with the family in tow. Eagle Cottage is the perfect option for families up to 5 in size with 2x bedrooms and a private plunge pool.
Rates On Request
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
Rates form part of a Kenya Safari itinerary
- Full board
- Soft drinks, beer & house wine
- Non luxury spirits
- Day & night game drives
- Guided bush walks & cultural visits
- Bush meals & sundowners
- Line fishing & River Tubing (seasonal)
- Camel assisted walking safaris (anything from 1 morning to 2)
- Loisaba airstrip transfers
- Laundry service
- All flights
- Health and travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Conservancy fee
- Champagne, luxury spirits and selected wines