- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Loisaba Conservancy
- Lodge size; 4 Suites
- Recommended stay; 3-5 nights
- Sleeping under the open sky and stars
- Private safari experience
- The 57 000-acre Loisaba Conservancy
- Perfect for romantics or honeymooners
- Only four suites are available
- A private and intimate safari experience awaits
- Games drives
- Horse and camelback safaris
Loisaba Star Beds, with only four safari suites, is poised on top of a kopje in the remote and wild Loisaba Conservancy. This position offers visitors commanding views out of the surrounding plains and undulating valleys.
A 57 000 acre conservancy in the Laikipia region of Kenya, a conservancy that offers up incredible wildlife sightings that include; herds of elephants, large lion population, wild dog, leopard and cheetah, and being home to the critically endangered Grevy’s zebra. Without question of the best safari experience on offer in Kenya today.
A truly authentic and intimate African experience awaits all that visit—a must.
Elewana Loisaba Star Beds offers up four thatched safari rooms, all with four-poster wooden beds that are rolled out onto the word platforms every night (weather depending, of course). The decor is of a rustic feel that blends perfectly with the thatched roofing and surrounding environment.
The en-suite bathrooms are a basic affair with double hand basins, flushing toilets, hot water, showers with a view.
All suites are positioned in a way that ensures the ultimate in privacy.
- 3x double suites, en-suite (64m²)
- 1x family suite with two double beds, en-suite (100m²)
Whether it be breakfast, lunch, high tea or dinner, one as usual with an Elewana property is in for a right royal treat. The chef and their team in the kitchen do a fantastic job preparing cuisine in one of Africa's more remote locations.
The camp offers up a daily set menu, which can be tailored to individual dietary requirements should it be required. There is also a rather impressive children's menu from which the little ones can select their favourite options.
Shared dining is encouraged, while private dinners can be arranged on request for those looking for a romantic option.
The thatched central guest area at Loisaba Star Beds is positioned on top of a kopje with commanding vistas in almost every direction with views out over an undulating valley, the plains of the Laikipia and a permanent waterhole frequented by wildlife.
Indoors one will find a lounge area with a small library and fireplace, a casual sitting area, an indoor dining area and a small bar. Outdoors, a wooden viewing deck and a dining area offer up those incredible views.
- 24 hr power
- Reception charging facilities
- Wi-Fi internet throughout the camp
The stunning Loisaba Private Conservancy in the Laikipia region of Kenya is a wildlife haven. A destination offers magnificent landscapes, natural springs, plains, valleys and the great Ewaso Nyiro River.
Safari activities included;
- Shared game drives
- Night game drives
- Cultural visits to Samburu village
- Guided bush walks
- Bush breakfasts and sundowners
- Horse and camel safaris
- Mountain biking (optional)
- Fishing (seasonal and optional)
- Tour of the Conservancy headquarters and anti-poaching sniffer dogs (optional)
Loisaba Star Beds most certainly welcome families with children of all ages being catered for. The family star bed suite is the recommended option for families as it offers up two double beds and a smaller bed option.
Numerous child-friendly activities are on offer, including; warrior training, guided bush walks around camp, horse and camel riding, visit the anti-poaching unit, mountain biking and visit a Samburu village and school.
From US$ 500.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
Rates form part of a Kenya Safari itinerary
- All meals and drinks (excluding top shelf alcohol)
- Shared and scheduled game drives
- Guided walking safari
- Transfers to and from designated airstrip
- Laundry, service charge
- All Flights
- Medical and travel insurance
- Champagne, exclusive cellar wines, cognacs and single malt whiskeys
- Park Fees
- Items of a personal nature
- Exclusive Use of Game-Drive Vehicle
- All options safari activities and tours
- All spa and wellness treatments