- Enquire Now
Loisaba Lodge with 60,000 acres of wilderness in a private conservancy, this stunning lodge clinging to the edge of a five hundred foot escarpment in Laikipia has unsurpassed views which defy description.
Adjacent are the celebrated Star Beds providing blissful sleep under the vast African sky in unadulterated comfort.
Whether you want exhilarating adventure from sand surfing to rafting or just pampered serenity at the spa- the mind, body & soul will surely be invigorated.
Thos Laikipia Lodge straddles the border of Laikipia and Kenya's rugged Northern Frontier District. Only a few miles from the equator, this private game ranch is in a wilderness of remote beauty where the farm management and local Laikipia Masai & Samburu community work together to preserve the environment and abundant surrounding wildlife.
Rooms & Suites:
There are 7 rooms: 4 doubles and 3 twins. One room has a separate sitting room that can double as a further bedroom for a family group. Each room has an en-suite bathroom. Constructed from stone, local timber and thatch, the lodge is perched high on the edge of the plateau looking south towards Mount Kenya. Each room has large French windows that open onto a private deck cantilevered off the escarpment. The views are legendary, and a water hole a few hundred feet below draws continuous wildlife.
Kiboko and Koija Star Beds comprise of 2 double sleeping platforms and one twin platform. Each double platform is designed for 1 or 2 people. The family platform accommodates 4 people (sharing bathroom facilities.) Each platform is en-suite and has a large camp-style shower. The platforms are sited to ensure complete privacy.
Loisaba Lodge is the ideal destination for both the active traveler who seeks real adventure coupled with some physical activity and those who wish to experience wild Africa without a hint of roughing it.
– Star Beds and Star Bed Expeditions - accessed on foot, horse, camel, mountain bike or vehicle (or combination)
– Star Camping (Loisaba's Flycamping) - accessed on foot, horse, camel, mountain bike or vehicle (or combination)
– Walking - guided by Samburu/Laikipia Masai warriors
– Horseback Riding
– Camel Riding - guided by Laikipia Masai handlers
– Mountain bike Riding
– Day and night game drives in customised open-top Land Rovers
– Bush breakfasts, lunches, dinners and 'sundowners'
– Helicopter excursions
– River rafting on Ewaso N'giro River (seasonal)
– Bird watching
– Health Spa at Loisaba Lodge, Offering facials, mud wraps, body scrubs, 5 types of massage, pedicure, manicure, Jacuzzi using revitalising and relaxing oils.
- Lodge Information
- - Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- - Location; Loisaba Wilderness
- - Lodge size; 7 luxury rooms
- - Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
- Lodge Highlights
- - Game drives
- - Mountain bikes
- - River Rafting
- - Horse riding
- - Camels
- - The Star beds
- - Spa
- Rates on Request
- Rates form part of Kenya Safari itinerary
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in US Dollar
- Rates form part of safari itinerary
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - KENYA; from £ 482
- USA - KENYA; from $ 1065
- EUR - KENYA; from € 570
- Subject to availability & T&C's