- Water-based game viewing in mokoros
- Boating Trips
- Game Walks
- Game drives
Jacana Camp Information
- Lodge type; Safari Camp
- Location; Okavango Delta
- Lodge size; 5 safari tents
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Jacana Camp is a truly water-oriented camp and offers mokoro and walking safaris all year round. Situated about 25 kilometres west of Mombo, outside the Moremi Game reserve on the Jao flats.
Game drives are on offer year round but night drives are only possible from about September to May as water levels restrict this activity when the flood is in.
Jacana Camp is set in one of the most densely populated wetland areas for Sitatunga and Red Lechwe. Wildlife concentrations depend on the water flow and volume and thus change from season to season.
Rooms and Suites
Jacana offers up five Meru-style tents, each built on a wooden deck overlooking the floodplains and has an en-suite bathroom with flush toilet and shower.
The bathroom is enclosed but roofless allowing for showers by starlight. Soaps, shampoos and insect repellents are supplied in each tent.
There is a plunge pool for cooling off from the midday sun.
The main dining area is on an elevated wooden deck between two magnificent sycamore fig trees and surrounded by dense wild date palms. Downstairs, there is a cosy bar and lounge with an area for an open fire under the stars.
- 20% Game Drives and 80% Water Activities (but very much dependant on flood levels & time of year).
- Land game drives in 2 x 10 seater open 4 x 4 Land Rovers.
- A raised hide located about 40 minutes from Jacana (which can be used for sleep outs - maximum 4 people at a time, has a long drop loo).
- Private activities available on request.
- Water game viewing in 6 x 2 seater mekoro (a traditional dug-out canoe).
- Boating trips 1 x 12 seater boat in the waterways to the east of Jacana.
- Fishing - on a catch and release basis.
- Basic rods & reels supplied by camp. Fly fishing equipment to be provided by guest if required.
Rates from US$777.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollars (US$)
*Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- Twice daily scheduled camp activities
- Park fees
- All local drinks
- Local and international flights
- Local transfers
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
- Premium drinks; imported brands and champagne