- Location and views
- Spa treatments
- Friendly staff
- Lodge activities
- 30-minutes from Victoria Falls
- Zambezi River 200m below
- Lodge type; Safari Camp
- Location; Batoka Gorge
- Lodge size; 15 Suites
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Located within a 30-minute drive of Victoria Falls, Gorges Lodge and Little Gorges offer guests a more idyllic and peaceful experience away from the madness surrounding Falls and the town.
Here on the Batoka Gorge edge, one can find an accommodation option that offers up views like no other. The lodge is built on top 200 metre high cliffs above the Zambezi River below.
If you are interested in something different from the norm with spectacular views, incredible birdlife and only a short drive away from the Falls, we would highly recommend Gorges and Little Gorges.
The perfect accommodation option for those looking to avoid the bustle of Victoria Falls town.
Gorges Lodge offers ten chalets with ensuite bathrooms and private verandahs while Little Gorges offers up five tented suites with wooden decks and en-suite bathroom facilities - both lodge options come in at the same price.
Suite amenities include;
- Ceiling fans
- Stocked mini-bar
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Mosquito net and repellent
- Electronic safes
- Mobile LED lamp
- Free daily laundry (weather dependent)
The skilled team in the kitchen prepares all meals from only the freshest and finest locally sourced ingredients; all meals are served in the main dining area with those spectacular views.
Special dietary requests are catered for with advance notice.
The thatched central guest area with its amazing views over the Zambezi River and Batoka Gorge offers guests a lounge, bar, dining area, swimming pool, and WiFi.
The central guest area is perched edge of the Batoka Gorge; it is here where one can sit back and relax while watching the river below and black eagles and lanner falcons above.
The below activities are included in the daily rates when staying at Gorges Lodge;
- Guided tour of the Victoria Falls
- Guided tour of the craft village
- Visit a local village
- School tour
- Evening traditional dancing display
- Gorge-edge walk or gorge-hike to the bottom of the gorge with snacks
- Black eagle viewing with sundowners and snacks(dependent on weather)
- Sundowner cruise
All other Victoria Falls Activities including; rafting, helicopter trips and bungee jumping to mention a few are for one's own cost.
A small spa and wellness centre at Gorges Lodge offers up massages and treatments in spectacular locations or in the privacy of one's suite.
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
Rates from US$370.00 pp
- All meals
- Soft drinks, beers, wines & local spirits
- Victoria Falls Airport transfers
- 1x return shuttle to Victoria Falls town per day
- 2x inhouse activities per day
- All flights
- Additional transfers
- Victoria Falls activities
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Spa and wellness