- Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- Duration; 10 Days / 9 Nights
- Lodging; Safari Lodges
- Group Size; Minimum 2
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Days 1-3: Ruaha National Park
- On arrival at DAR International Airport, you will have a quick chance to refresh before catching your connecting Coastal Aviation flight to Ruaha Airstrip.
- On arrival at Ruaha, a welcome table will await you with various hot & cold beverage items and snacks.
- A representative from Kwihala Camp will brief you on the surrounding area and camp en-route to camp.
- On arrival at camp, you will get the opportunity to settle in, unwind and freshen up before heading to the dining tent for a delicious three-course meal prepared by the local chef.
- You will then head to the camp area for a refreshing whisky while tales of old times are being said.
- Depending on your preference, there are a couple of options with regards to how your day is structured.
- One option is to break camp early and head out with a picnic breakfast on a morning game drive, returning to camp in time for lunch.
- Alternatively, you can eat breakfast in camp and head out with a picnic lunch on an afternoon game drive, returning in the mid-afternoon.
- Despite sharing vehicles on a Game Package basis, the camp will do everything it can to ensure that your ideal structure is met.
- Meals: Full Board
- Accommodation: Kwihala Camp
Days 4-6: Selous Game Reserve
- After breakfast, you will depart Kwihala Camp and head to Ruaha’s Msembe Airstrip for your light aircraft flight to the nearby Selous Game Reserve.
- Your guide from Roho ya Selous camp will meet you at the airstrip and game drive you the short distance to the camp, giving an introduction to this beautiful reserve and its wildlife on the way.
- Settle into your spacious tent, and after lunch, there’s time to relax by the pool before you set off on your afternoon safari activity.
- A boat safari is a lovely relaxed introduction to the Selous and will offer a real contrast to your time in Ruaha, watching the wildlife come to the water’s edge to drink and stopping for sundowners on a sandbank.
- Each morning and afternoon, you can choose from the safari activities on offer.
- Game drives are a good way of exploring further afield and seeing the larger wildlife and predators – the Selous is home to a superb variety of wildlife including good populations of lion and leopard, and Africa’s largest population of wild dog.
- Walking safaris are a real treat and offer a slower pace to learn about the flora and fauna of the Selous.
- Boat safaris on the lake are particularly lovely in the afternoon, combined with a spot of fishing or sundowners, and are a good chance to get up close to pods of hippos and bird colonies nesting on small islands.
- Meals: Full Board
- Accommodation: Roho ya Selous
Days 7-9: Zanzibar
- After breakfast, depart camp and make your way to Selous Mbuyu Airstrip.
- Here you will bid your guide farewell as you board your Coastal Aviation flight to Zanzibar.
- On arrival at Zanzibar Airport, you will be met by a representative from our Zanzibar ground handling company, Island Express, and transferred by road to Matemwe Lodge in the north east of the island.
- One of only a handful of boutique lodges in Zanzibar, Matemwe is perched on a coral rock outcrop overlooking a sandy beach gently sloping into the Indian Ocean. Adjacent to the lodge, the corals surrounding the Mnemba Atoll offer superb diving and snorkelling.
- Fresh seafood, refreshing cocktails and relaxing massages are just some elements of the laid-back daily routines of Matemwe’s guests. Matemwe is made up of only twelve beach chalets all overlooking the Indian Ocean.
- Each of the private verandas is furnished with large hammocks and sofas, perfect for whiling away the time as the occasional dhow drifts past in the distance.
- There are a variety of activities available either at Matemwe Lodge, or that can be arranged through reception.
- Activities outside of the resort can usually be booked at 24 hours’ notice, so it is best to arrange these on arrival at the lodge.
- Your days are therefore open to be structured as you choose, with either as much relaxing by the pool, or as many activities as you wish.
- Meals: Full Board
- Accommodation: Matemwe Lodge
Day 10: Southern Tanzania & Zanzibar Safari Ends
- After breakfast, you will depart for Zanzibar Airport for your Coastal Aviation flight to Dar es Salaam Airport.
- You will then catch your connecting flight and bid farewell to your guide for your onward journey.
- Meals: Breakfast
From US$ 8 313.00 pp sharing
The Above Rates should be used as a guideline only.
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- Lodging as specified in the itinerary
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary
- Park fees
- Private naturalist driver-guide
- Transfers and flights mentioned in the itinerary
- Scheduled game drives and walking mentioned in the itinerary
- Emergency evacuation insurance for guests under 70 years of age
- Soft drinks, tea, coffee, bottled water, local beer & house wine at Oliver’s Camp, Olakira Camp, Dunia, Ubuntu and Sayari Camp
- Any other extra/ optional activities
- Beverages other than those mentioned in the "inclusive of section"
- Excludes are champagnes, cellar wines and spirits
- Tips and gratuities for guides; drivers and lodge/camp staff
- Airport taxes and security fees
- International or domestic departure and arrival flights
- Phone calls