- Includes/ Excludes
- Enquire Now
Kaokoland and Kunene Camping Safari
- Safari Information
- - Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- - Duration; 7 Days / 6 Nights
- - Lodging; Camping
- - Group Size; Minimum 2
- - Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
- Departing from Palmwag Lodge to Sesfontein and Opuwo over the Sesfontein Pass.
- The trail continues in a westerly direction and stops for a short visit at Kaoko Otavi.
- Encounter various Ovahimba families.
- Camping on the banks of the Hoarusib River.
Day 2: Orupembe
- Time and again one meets Ovahimba families and the guest will have, if not today, the opportunity to explore an Ovahimba village as well as a traditional hut.
- The guest learns about the old customs and way of life of this nomadic tribe.
- The Ovahimba gratefully accept sugar, confectionery, tobacco and other trinkets as gifts.
- Overnight open camp in the region of Orupembe, a large Ovahimba settlement.
Day 3: Kunene
- We continue into the western part of Kaokoland into the Hartmann Valley.
- Our destination today is Camp Serra Cafema.
- Fully furnished twin/ double premier living units en suite, with hot and cold water, a swimming pool, small bar - all this in a relaxing atmosphere under lovely shady anatrees (Faidherbia albida) on the banks of the mighty Kunene River.
Day 4: Kunene
- Today guests are indulged with a guided 4x4 sightseeing tour, hike in the gorges and valleys of the Hartmann Valley, a boat trip on the Kunene River and visit an Ovahimba family in the vicinity of the camp.
- The Hartmann Valley is unique and offers the guests the opportunity to enjoy, in perfect solitude; nature at it's purest.
Day 5: Orupembe
- Today we say "Adieu Camp Cafema" and embark on our return journey to Palmwag.
- Via Rooidrom the journey takes us through the western Kaokoland to Orupembe.
- We traverse almost deserted contrasting landscapes, ranging from desert to the Kaokohighland.
- Camping on the communal camp site at Purros.
Day 6: Hoanib River
- After breakfast the journey continues in a southerly direction through the beautiful Hoarusib River Valley towards the Hoanib River.
- With a bit of luck the desert elephant can be sighted. Camping in one of the many branches of the Hoanib River.
- Small herds of elephant often stroll past the camp unhindered
Day 7: Palmwag Lodge, Safari Ends
- Break up camp and game drive in search for elephants.
- After a short sojourn at Sesfontein, a one-time Schutztruppen outpost which functions as a lodge nowadays, the journey takes us back to Palmwag Lodge.
- End of Tour.
- Rates from: NAM$ 19 600.00
- Per person sharing
- Rates are in Namibian Dollars
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - NAM; from £ 800
- USA - NAM; from $ 1700
- EUR - NAM; from € 1100
- Subject to availability & T&C's
- Safari Includes
- - Travelling costs as per itinerary; game drives, activities, entrance- and park fees
- - Accommodation in two-man tents / double rooms
- - Full board, refreshment drinks en route, house wine and beer at dinner whilst camping
- - Experienced guiding in English or German
- - VAT and Bed levy
- Safari Excludes
- - Expenses of a personal nature, i.e. laundry, telephone, gratuities, souvenirs, etc
- - Personal, medical and evacuation insurances
- - Additional activities
- - Alcoholic beverages and drinks