- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Kalama Conservancy
- Lodge size; 6 Eco-Chic Villas
- Recommended stay; 5-7 nights
- Day & Night Game Drives
- Guided Bush Walks
- Cultural Visits
- Bush Meals
- Drawing Safaris
- Swimming Pool
Perched on top of the Kalama mountains with some of the best views in the whole of Kenya, Saruni Samburu is a uniquely designed lodge that offers a fresh concept into all six safari villas and the central gest area.
Located in the privately-owned 240 000 acre Kalama Wildlife Conservancy that borders the famed Samburu National Reserve known for its large herds of elephants.
Unique species of wildlife found only in this area of Kenya include; Gerenuk, Reticulated giraffe, Somali ostrich, Grevy’s zebra and the Beisa oryx. In addition, Leopard, Striped hyena, African civet and African Wild dog or Painted hunting dogs are also commonly sighted near the safari lodge.
The safari experience at Saruni Samburu is intimate and truly exceptional.
Saruni Samburu offers up six large luxurious villas with interesting design, decor and innovative eco-chic architecture. All six villas have unparalleled views of the surrounding landscape, private verandahs, spacious live areas, king or twin bedding and en-suite bathrooms and dressing rooms.
Four of the six villas are perfect for families and offer up two en-suite bedrooms.
Family villa No. 4 has one of the most amazing bathtubs in Kenya.
The cuisine has a strong Italian flavour, while the chef and their staff love to experiment with some of the fantastic ingredients found in Kenya, in particular beef, fish and vegetables.
Advanced notice is required should further dietary requests be required.
The tented central guest area offers guests dramatic views out over Samburuland, so whether one is sitting in the indoor lounge or dining room, outside on the verandah or at the side of the swimming pool, those views are stunning.
Facilities at Saruni Samburu include;
- 2 x large swimming pools
- Samburu Wellbeing Space (for massages and spa treatments)
- Saruni gift shop with special local artefacts
WiFi is, of course, available throughout the central guest area.
Safari and cultural activities available;
- Day and night guided game drives
- Photographic Hide by the waterhole
- Guided bush walks
- Bush meals and sundowners
- Warriors Academy (special programme in bush skills and animal tracking)
- Scorpion/night torch safari
- Visit local Samburu caves featuring ancient rock art
- Seedballs throwing
- Mount Ololokwe hiking excursions (payable extra)
- Cultural visit to local village and community (payable extra)
- Reteti Elephant Sanctuary Excursion
- Helicopter excursions (upon request and payable extra)
There is no age limit whatsoever for children at Saruni Samburu; families are most welcome year-round.
'Warriors Academy', an interactive experience designed with children in mind, is available for kids of all ages, emphasising education, fun, and exploration.
Meals can be tailor-made to suit one's families' requirements, such as early dinners or particular meal choices. This is based purely on what your requirements are when on safari.
A Babysitting option is available on request.
Located in an intimate, private and relaxing environment away from the central guest area, the spa at Saruni Samburu is something to behold. One of the most inspiring spas and wellness centres in Kenya with views that seemingly stretch out forever.
Full body and foot massages, manicures, pedicures and facials are just a few of the many treatments on offer by a team of skilled and professional therapists, with time ranging from 30-minutes all the way up to 105-minutes.
From US$ 700.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
Rates form part of a Kenya Safari itinerary
- Full board
- Limited laundry service
- Soft drinks, house wines, beers & select non-luxury spirits
- Shared day & night game drives in 4x4 vehicles
- Guided bush walks
- Bush meals, sundowner & picnic excursions
- One complimentary Back & Neck massage (30 min.) per room per stay
- VAT & taxes
- Conservation fees (indicated above)
- Exclusive use of vehicle
- Premium drinks (champagne, luxury spirits and special wines)
- Additional Wellbeing Space treatments
- Gratuities to staff & guides and anything of a personal nature
- Temporary flying Doctors cover
- Entry fees to cultural visits
- Any payable extra activities
- All statutory increases beyond our control