- Game drives
- Night Game Drives
- Guided Bush Walks
- Day Excursions to the Tana River with packed lunches
- Visiting the local Tharaka village
- Line Fishing (Catfish and Barbel)
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Meru National Park
- Lodge size; 8 thatch cottages
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Elewana Elsa's Kopje, named after Elsa the lioness made famous by George and Joy Adamson in the film 'Born Free' and released into the wild Meru National Park. A luxurious oasis awaits with stunning views out over the surrounding plains as the camp is positioned on top 'Mughwango Hill'.
A diverse range of wildlife can to found in the area, including; Leopard, Lion, Cheetah, Rhino, Elephant, Beisa Oryx, Gerenuk, Grevy's Zebra, Reticulated Giraffe, Lesser Kudu, Grant's Gazelle and the Lesser and Greater Kudu. Birdlife is equally spectacular, with over 400 species recorded in the area.
Elsa's Kopje is unashamedly romantic and is quite frankly one of the better options for those looking for a honeymoon or romantic safari.
Eleven stone and thatch cottages are available at Elewana Elsa's Kopje; all cottages offer up private verandahs, luxurious bedrooms and en-suite bathroom facilities.
Cottages and suites available include;
- 6x cottage suites
- 1x Family cottage with 2x en-suite bedrooms
- 3x Honeymoon suites featuring bathtubs, private sitting room and verandah
- 1x Private House with 2x en-suite bedrooms, large dining room, private garden and swimming pool
Dining at Elsa's is an elegant affair with a good selection of local and international dishes, fresh-baked bread, crisp salads and locally grown vegetables. The team in the kitchen do an outstanding job considering the location and environment that the camp is located within
A highlight is the bush breakfast, a full al fresco breakfast out in the middle of the Meru National Park surrounded by nothing other than wildlife and birdlife.
The thatched central guest area offers up magnificent views from the lounge, dining room and bar; outdoors, a swimming pool with one of the most views in Kenya awaits.
A small library is available should one require some reading material.
- Infinity swimming pool
- Massage room
- Gift shop
- Free wifi available in all public areas
With Elsa’s Kopje being located within the Meru National Park, it is taken as a given that most safari activities are based around the wildlife and birdlife within the park. All guides and trackers are professionally trained and certified and know the National Park intimately.
The Meru National Park boasts over 400+ bird species and offers up plentiful wildlife, including; lion, cheetah, leopard, elephant, rhino and the rare lesser Kudu.
Safari activities on offer (some activities may be optional);
- Game drives within the Meru National Park
- Guided walks up Mughwango Hill
- Bush breakfasts
- Day excursion to the Tana River
- Day excursion to the Kora National Reserve
- Rhino sanctuary
- Fishing in surrounding streams
Elsa's Kopje does offer a few suites that can accommodate families with children, although the minimum age of children is 12 years of age.
If your family has children under 12 years of age, then this is not the lodge for you. There are alternatives, so fear not.
Elsa's Kopje offers a small selection of massages, treatments and pedicures to complement the surrounding natural environment. Massages are designed to ease the stresses of everyday life and are offered in the privacy of one's suite.
From US$ 615.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
Rates form part of a Kenya Safari itinerary
- All meals
- Soft drinks, beer, house wine & selected spirits
- Transfers from/to Meru airstrip – Elsa’s Kopje
- Shared game drives, bush picnics, sundowners and guided bush walks
- Experienced driver-guides in custom-designed safari vehicles accompany all drive activities
- All statutory taxes (approx. 25%) including VAT
- All flights
- Travel and health insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Champagne, exclusive cellar wines, cognacs and single malt whiskeys
- Park Fees
- Optional Activites