- Lodge type; Beach Hotel
- Location; Mombasa
- Lodge size; 164 rooms
- Recommended stay; 2-7 nights
Set back from the powder-white sands and shimmering waters of the Mombasa National Marine Park, the Serena Beach Hotel décor blends the time-honoured intricacy of Swahili carving with the jewelled glow of Arabian lanterns, the white-gleaming splendour of a Sultan's palace and the lotus-cool of a Persian water garden.
The extensive coconut-palm cooled grounds of this Mombasa Beach Hotel offer an exotic mix of tropical trees and bright blossoms and centre on an idyllic sky-blue swimming pool with a thatched 'swim-up' bar and crystal waters that cascade into the tiled coolness of the market square below.
The Village Rooms; Each one of the rooms at the luxurious Serena Beach Hotel is contained within the winding lanes and shady courts of the traditional Swahili Village is uniquely styled to resemble a historical building from the ancient island town of Lamu.
Design features include carved balconies,coral pillars, fretwork screens,Zanzibari-carved doors, gleaming arches, stone-carved niches and lavish Lamu-styled furniture.
The Garden Rooms; A selection of spacious garden rooms looks out over a lush green garden towards the sparkling reaches of the Indian Ocean. Design features include carved balconies, winding stairways, broad verandas, sumptuous brass-inlaid furniture and a colour scheme that fuses aquamarine seas, azure skies and emerald palms.
Dine in comfort at one of the distinguished restaurants offering you a variety of mouth watering dishes. The cuisine is carefully selected and blended with the local culture to give you a very memorable food experience.
- Fountain restaurant
- Jahazi grill restaurant
- Sokoni restaurant
- Piano bar
- Nyota bar
- Extensive gardens, grounds and nature trails
- Free form pool and swim-up bar
- Unisex hair salon.
- Gift Shop, news-stand and travel requisites kiosk.
- Baby-sitting, family rooms, children's dining/menus.
- Swahili banquets under the stars
- Tropical cocktails by the pool, beneath the palms or on the terraces of the Piano Bar
- Visits to the nearby Ngomongo Cultural village, the Bamburi Nature Trail, or the Crocodile Farm
- Day excursions to the Shimba Hills National Park, Mombasa Old Town and Fort Jesus, the Arabuko Sokoke forest, the Kipepeo - Butterfly Farm or the haunted ruins of ancient Gedi town
- Glass-bottom boat trips to the nearby coral reef of the Mombasa National Marine Park
- World-renowned dive venues supported by training and supervision to all levels of International Dive Certification
- A kaleidoscope of nightly entertainment to include: live bands, discos, traditional dancing, acrobatic and gymnastic displays, magicians and fashion shows
- Informative talks by our resident naturalist on butterflies, coral, turtles, dolphins and much more
- Afternoon cultural displays of dance, craft and music
- There's also just lazing by the pool, taking in some sun and looking out over the aquamarine reaches of the Indian Ocean.
The Serena Beach Resort and Spa appreciates the importance of quality family time. They are committed to ensuring that you can relax, secure in the knowledge that the children are having as great a holiday as you are. With this in mind they offer a wide range of family-friendly room options; children's dining; baby-sitting, and plenty of adventure, sports and educational entertainment for children of all ages.
In a world of shrinking time, information deluge, stress impact and escalating pressure, the need for inner peace is critical. The Serena Mind, Body, Spirit Spa, a sanctuary of calm, that draws on the beauty of nature, and the elation of evocative surroundings, to create the perfect island of holistic nurturing.
- Afternoon cultural displays
- Swahili banquets
- Glass-bottom boat trips
- Ngomongo Cultural village
- Click here for aerial view
Rates on Request
Rates form part of Kenya Safari itinerary
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
- Included in the rates depends on what package one picks
- Full Board
- or DBB
- Based on package
- All flights
- Items of a personal nature
- Medical and travel insurance
- Optional activities