Serena Beach Hotel
- Enquire Now
Set back from the powder-white sands and shimmering waters of the Mombasa National Marine Park, the Serena Beach Hotel décor blends the time-honoured intricacy of Swahili carving with the jewelled glow of Arabian lanterns, the white-gleaming splendour of a Sultan's palace and the lotus-cool of a Persian water garden. The extensive coconut-palm cooled grounds of this Mombasa Beach Hotel offer an exotic mix of tropical trees and bright blossoms and centre on an idyllic sky-blue swimming pool with a thatched 'swim-up' bar and crystal waters that cascade into the tiled coolness of the market square below.
Rooms & Suites:
The Village Rooms
Each one of the rooms at the luxurious Serena Beach Hotel is contained within the winding lanes and shady courts of the traditional Swahili Village is uniquely styled to resemble a historical building from the ancient island town of Lamu.
Design features include carved balconies,coral pillars, fretwork screens,Zanzibari-carved doors, gleaming arches, stone-carved niches and lavish Lamu-styled furniture.
The Garden Rooms
Our selection of spacious garden rooms looks out over a lush green garden towards the sparkling reaches of the Indian Ocean. Design features include carved balconies, winding stairways, broad verandas, sumptuous brass-inlaid furniture and a colour scheme that fuses aquamarine seas, azure skies and emerald palms.
Food & Wine:
Dine in comfort at one of the distinguished restaurants offering you a variety of mouth watering dishes. The cuisine is carefully selected and blended with the local culture to give you a very memorable food experience.
- Fountain restaurant
- Jahazi grill restaurant
- Sokoni restaurant
- Piano bar
- Nyota bar
- Swahili banquets under the stars
- Tropical cocktails by the pool, beneath the palms or on the terraces of the Piano Bar
- Visits to the nearby Ngomongo Cultural village, the Bamburi Nature Trail, or the Crocodile Farm
- Day excursions to the Shimba Hills National Park, Mombasa Old Town and Fort Jesus, the Arabuko Sokoke forest, the Kipepeo - Butterfly Farm or the haunted ruins of ancient Gedi town
- Glass-bottom boat trips to the nearby coral reef of the Mombasa National Marine Park
- World-renowned dive venues supported by training and supervision to all levels of International Dive Certification
- A kaleidoscope of nightly entertainment to include: live bands, discos, traditional dancing, acrobatic and gymnastic displays, magicians and fashion shows
- Informative talks by our resident naturalist on butterflies, coral, turtles, dolphins and much more
- Afternoon cultural displays of dance, craft and music
- There's also just lazing by the pool, taking in some sun and looking out over the aquamarine reaches of the Indian Ocean.
- Beach Hotel Information
- - Lodge type; Beach Hotel
- - Location; Mombasa
- - Lodge size; 164 rooms
- - Recommended stay; 2-7 nights
- Beach Hotel Highlights
- - Afternoon cultural displays
- - Swahili banquets
- - Glass-bottom boat trips
- - Ngomongo Cultural village
- - Click here for aerial view
- Rates on Request
- Rates form part of Kenya Safari itinerary
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in US Dollar
- Rates form part of safari itinerary
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - KENYA; from £ 482
- USA - KENYA; from $ 1065
- EUR - KENYA; from € 570
- Subject to availability & T&C's