- Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- Duration; 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Lodging; Safari Lodge and camping
- Group Size; Minimum 4
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Day 1: Lolkisale Ranch
- Arrive in Arusha or Kilimanjaro Airport and transfer by road (around 45 minutes' drive from the airport) to the Dolly Polo Estate where the horses are based.
- Settle into your accommodation and enjoy lunch in the clubhouse.
- In the afternoon, you'll meet your horses and try your hand at polo with one of the instructors, learning some of the basics of stick and ball.
- Alternatively, if you time your visit right, you can enjoy watching one of the regular polo matches in the late afternoon/early evening (normally on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays).
- An optional extra is a scenic helicopter ride over Mt Meru (at additional cost).
- Gather for sundowners at the club and enjoy a relaxed evening and dinner, before retiring to one of the comfortable en suite tents, with views out towards Mount Kilimanjaro
- Meals: half board
- Accommodation: Dolly Polo Estate
Day 2: Lolkisale Ranch
- Early today, the horses will be driven by lorry to the Lolkisale ranch to the east of Tarangire, where you will be riding over the next couple of days.
- You will enjoy breakfast and depart in style in vintage Series 1 Land Rovers (ranging from 1949 – '56) with your guides.
- Once you leave Arusha, you'll be driving off-road and journeying south for around 3.5- 4hrs through rural Maasai land until you reach the camp.
- Arrive in time for lunch and time spent relaxing during the heat of the day before going on an afternoon ride, exploring these open plains, home to a variety of plains game including zebra, giraffe, lesser kudu and gerenuk.
- Predators are rarely seen but do cross through the area occasionally, so you need to be competent and confident enough to ride away from danger at short notice and always follow your riding guide's instructions.
- Return to camp for sundowners and a shower before dinner around the campfire.
- Meals: Full board
- Accommodation: Lolkisale mobile camp
Day 3: Lolkisale Ranch
- You'll spend a full day riding today, exploring this vast ranch area, riding alongside herds of wildebeest, and enjoying a mixture of walking and cantering.
- You'll enjoy a bush lunch in a remote location, with time to rest yourselves and your horses in the shade before continuing your adventures in the afternoon.
- There are various villages and Maasai settlements nearby that you can visit, offering a truly genuine experience, as tourists rarely visit these villages.
- Return to camp for an afternoon siesta, followed by sundowners and another evening of storytelling around the fire, stargazing, and resting your tired limbs after an exhilarating day.
- Meals: Full board
- Accommodation: Lolkisale mobile camp
Day 4: Lolkisale Horseback Safari ends
- Enjoy a short sunrise ride this morning before returning to camp for a hearty brunch.
- You'll set off in the Series 1 Land Rovers for the eastern gate to Tarangire National Park (approximately 2 hours' drive) where you will be dropped off and met by your onward safari camp or safari guide and vehicle for the next stage of your safari.
- Please note, the exact outline of the itinerary is subject to adjustments due to movement of game and weather conditions, to ensure the best possible experience for guests as well as ensuring suitable terrain for the horses and Land Rovers
- Meals: Breakfast
From US$ 3 706.00 per person
The Above Rates should be used as a guideline only.
- Above rates are based on 4x people travelling together
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- All meals and house drinks
- Transfer as per itinerary
- Concession and wildlife management area fees
- Village fees
- Fully serviced riding safari with two night’s fly camp accommodation
- Qualified riding guide and logistics team
- Local and international flights
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Additional excludes not listed will be available on enquiry
100 Years Anniversary of WW1 in Africa
In 2014, most of Europe, the UK, North America and the majority of the former British colonies and territories will be commemorating the 100th anniversary of the start of the First World War.
These commemorations will be times of reflection, of memory and certainly not of celebration.
Top 5 restaurants in Zanzibar
The island of Zanzibar is one of those wonderfully exotic names which conjures up mystery, spices and tropical heat.
It is all those things and more. In 2013, it is likely to be your beach destination of choice if you have been on safari in mainland Tanzania or even Kenya.
Tanzania: A New Species is Discovered!
The new addition to the sengi family was first spotted in 2005 when Francesco Rovero of the Trento Museum of Natural Sciences in Italy set up motion-sensing cameras in the forests of Tanzania's the Eastern Arc Mountains.
A photograph appeared of a creature with a long snout that no one could identify.
Castaway: African Island Escapes
It is no surprise that Daniel Defoe's Robinson Crusoe is one of the most widely published books in history. Island life has occupied the daydreams of young and old since it was first released in 1719...
Celebrating David Livingstone In Tanzania
Some of the most iconic moments in the legend and real history of David Livingstone's explorations emanate from Tanzania.
The reporter and explorer HM Stanley famously met Livingstone at Ujiji on Lake Tanganyika with the reputed words of "Dr Livingstone I presume."
10 Best Lodges in Tanzania
Looking for the best places to stay in Tanzania? Look no further! Uyaphi has put together a list of our 10 best lodges in the country, perfect for any traveller.
From Tarangire and Serengeti National Parks to Selous Game Reserve and beyond, we’ve got you covered. So book now and enjoy an unforgettable African safari!
What is the best time for a safari in Tanzania?
Discover the best time for a safari in Tanzania! Our guide will help you plan your trip for an incredible wildlife experience during the right season.
Explore stunning landscapes and see some of the most fantastic wildlife and birdlife on earth!
The Ultimate Tanzania Bucket List
Are you planning a trip to Tanzania? You're in for an incredible adventure! Our ultimate bucket list will take you to some of the most beautiful and awe-inspiring places in the country.
Trek to Mount Kilimanjaro, tour Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater, and explore the Zanzibar Archipelago – just to name a few highlights. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your dream vacation today!