- Includes/ Excludes
- Enquire Now
South Africa Rainbow Route
- Safari Information
- - Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- - Duration; 17 Days / 16 Nights
- - Lodging; Lodges, hotels, chalets or cabins
- - Group Size; Minimum 4
- - Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
- Departing early we head out of Johannesburg direction Mpumalanga.
- A region of extraordinary beauty awaits on the lowveld escarpment.
- We have the chance to visit God's Window, Pilgrims Rest and Mac-Mac Falls en-route.
- We overnight near the escarpment town of Graskop.
- Accommodation: Graskop lodge (Lunch and Dinner)
Days 2,3: Kruger National Park
- After breakfast we head off for the wildlife of the Kruger National Park.
- Over the next few day we do our best to spot as many of Africa's animals as possible.
- Accommodation: Rest Camp (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
Day 4: Swaziland
- Our destination to day is the Kingdom of Swaziland and her Malolotja Nature Reserve.
- A chance to some shopping followed by a nature walk in the reserve.
- A campfire dinner at which we can sit around and enjoy the moment.
- Accommodation: Rest Cabins (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
Days: 5,6: Zululand
- Some last minute Swazi shopping and we depart this tiny Kingdom to the Kingdom of the Zulu's.
- Mkuzi Game Reserve is our home for the night, a safe haven for the "Black Rhino".
- Morning and afternoon game drives are on the cards as is a visit to a local village.
- Mkuzi Game Reserve is one of the best birding spot in the whole of Southern Africa.
- Accommodation: Tented lodge or Chalet (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
Days 7,8: Drakensberg Mountains
- From Zululand we head inland to the mighty Drakensberg Mountains where we spend the next two nights.
- Day hikes and walks into the mountains are an option as is a spot of fly-fishing.
- Accommodation: Rustic Mountain Cottages (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
Days 9,10: Wild Coast
- The Wild Coast area of South Africa remains to this day relatively untouched by humans, wild and remote.
- Unspoilt beaches, wild indigenous forests and vast open spaces.
- Walks, swimming, mountain biking or some general relaxation are just a few of the activities here.
- Accommodation: Chalet (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
Day 11: Addo Elephant National Park
- Today we make our way towards the Malaria Free Addo Elephant National Park, home to the "Big 5".
- Afternoon and morning games drives are on offer.
- Accommodation: Chalets (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
Days 12,13: Knysna
- From Addo we keep heading south to the famous Garden Route of South Africa.
- Knysna is our destination, located on the edge of a tranquil lagoon.
- Knysna as out base we explore Storms River mouth and the Tsitsikamma National Park.
- There is also for the brave an optional to take on the world's highest bungee jump.
- Accommodation: Hotel (Breakfast
Day 14: Karoo
- The ostrich capital of the world, Oudtshoorn is where we head next.
- We travel over scenic mountain passes to get there.
- Ostrich farms and the Cango Caves are our activities for the day.
Days 15,16: Cape Town
- All aboard, Cape Town next stop.
- We tour the Cape Peninsula and Cape Winelands over the next few days.
- Optional visit to Robben Island (own expense).
- Cape Town is a good spot to catch up on all that last minute shopping that has to be done.
- Accommodation: Hotel (Breakfast)
Day 17: Safari Ends
- We climb Table Mountain in the morning with the aim of having lunch at the top, we catch the cable car back down (this is optional, you can always take the cable car both up and down).
- Our South Africa Rainbow Route Safari ends around 18h00, where we say our sad fair wells.
- Rates from: € 1 795.00
- Per person sharing
- Rates are in Euro's
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - RSA; from £ 611
- USA - RSA; from $ 1390
- EUR - RSA; from € 495
- Subject to availability & T&C's
- Safari Includes
- - Tour in fully equipped safari trucks or 12-seater mini-buses
- - Professionally Escorted
- - 16 nights in lodge / hotel / chalet or cabin
- - Meals as per itinerary
- - Entrance Fees
- Safari Excludes
- - Local and International Flights
- - Visas
- - Insurance
- - Items of a personal nature
- - Gratuities
- - Activities not included in above itinerary