- Includes/ Excludes
- Enquire Now
Namibia Train Safari
- Safari Information
- - Departure; Scheduled departure dates
- - Duration; 9 Days / 8 Nights
- - Lodging; Aboard Rovos Rail
- - Group Size; Minimum 1
- - Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
- 15h00 Depart Rovos Rail Station in Pretoria and travel south towards the goldfields of the Witwatersrand.
- (Breakfast 07h00-10h00 - Lunch 13h00 - Tea 16h30 - Dinner 19h30)
Day 2: Upington
- 09h45 Arrive Kimberley for Big Hole and Diamond Museum.
- 12h30 Depart for Upington and travel the Karoo semi-desert.
Day 3: Enter Namibia
- 08h00 Optional two-hour walking tour of Upington.
- 23h00 Arrive at Holoog after border formalities at Nakop.
Day 5: Fish River Canyon
- 08h00 One-hour transfer to visit the Fish River Canyon.
- 11h00 Depart for Keetmanshoop.
- Traverse the Kalahari.
- 15h00 Optional two-hour walking tour of Keetmanshoop.
Day 5: Sossusvlei
- 09h00 Arrive in Windhoek for a city tour.
- 11h00 Depart in light aircraft for 1-hour flight to Sossusvlei for lunch, desert drive, bush dinner and overnight.
Day 6: Tsumeb
- 06h00 Sossusvlei drive with breakfast in the vlei.
- 12h00 Depart Sossusvlei for one-hour flight to Windhoek.
- 14h00 Depart Windhoek and travel north towards Tsumeb and the game-rich Etosha National Park.
Day 7: Etosha National Park
- 11h00 At Tsumeb, transfer to Mokuti Lodge and Etosha National Park for lunch, game drive and overnight.
Day 8: Half way between there and there
- 06h00 Early morning game drive in the Etosha National Park.
- 13h00 Enjoy lunch on board en route to the Atlantic.
Day 9: Safari ends in Swakopmund
- 07h00 Enjoy breakfast as the train traverses the Namib.
- 12h00 Arrive at journey’s end in Swakopmund, Namibia.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ITINERARY ALSO RUN IN REVERSE
- Rates from: ZAR 63 200.00
- Per person sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - RSA; from £ 611
- USA - RSA; from $ 1390
- EUR - RSA; from € 495
- Subject to availability & T&C's
- Safari Includes
- - Accommodation
- - Meals and excursions during the train journey
- - Alcoholic beverages whilst on board the train
- Safari Excludes
- - Visas
- - Items of a personal nature
- - Flights (domestic and international)
- - All guests must be covered by a fully comprehensive travel insurance policy valid from the date that they confirm the itinerary with Uyaphi.com