Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge
- Enquire Now
Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge is a triumph of ecological and architectural fusion, perched on the jagged rim of the crater, wreathed in morning mist, camouflaged in river-stone and cloaked in indigenous creepers.
Sensitively constructed so as to take nothing from its environment whilst affording endless vistas over the heat-shimmering reaches of the crater below, the clustered boulder-built buildings of the Lodge hug the crater rim, linked by rope-lashed timber walkways that skirt the buttressed roots of ancient, liana-hung trees.
Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge is a unique blend of world-class luxury, timeless volcanic splendour and ethnic style. As for the views, from lilac-streaked sunrise, to indigo star-studded night, the immeasurably ancient Ngorongoro Crater delivers a theatre of vistas, most unchanged since the dawn of time.
Rooms & Suites:
Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge has 75 rooms, 74 standard rooms and a single Suite. All rooms have own rock-enclosed balcony. The rooms feature brass lamps, embossed leather headboards, wildwood mirrors, Maasai carvings and flamboyant prehistoric wall motifs depicting fleeing giraffes, stylised gazelle and plunging buffalo. Each room draws on a cave-grey, indigo-blue and jasper-red colour-scheme, is fully air-conditioned and enjoys uninterrupted views over the Crater's unmatched splendour.
Food & Wine:
The Maasai-inspired, split-level dining and bar area features a two-tier wall of windows looking down on to the constantly changing vistas of the crater below. The atmosphere is relaxed and candle-lit whilst the menu choices include traditional Maasai fare, long-time safari favourites and internationally themed menus alike.
– Morning wildlife walks around the lodge with our resident naturalist
– An open-air 'Crater Barbecue Lunch' by a hippo-filled pool on the Crater's floor
– An action-packed selection of adventure hikes around the Ngorongoro Crater and the volcanoes of the nearby Crater Highlands
– Authentic displays of Maasai dance, song, performance and music
– A day trip to Olduvai Gorge, the 'cradle of mankind'
– A visit to neighbouring 'Empakaai', a 300m deep crater dominated by a flamingo-frosted soda lake
– Visits to a selection of authentic Maasai villages
– Atmospheric 'Sundowners', staged high on the caldera rim as the sinking sun sets the Crater ablaze
– Nightly wildlife and cultural talks, videos and film shows
- Lodge Information
- - Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- - Location; Ngorongoro Crater
- - Lodge size; 74 rooms
- - Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
- Lodge Highlights
- - An open-air 'Crater Barbecue Lunch' by a hippo-filled pool on the Crater's floor
- - Authentic displays of Maasai dance, song, performance and music
- - Photography
- - Morning wildlife walks around the lodge with our resident naturalist
- - Visits to a selection of authentic Maasai villages
- Rates on Request
- Rates form part of Tanzania Safari itinerary
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in US Dollar
- Rates form part of safari itinerary
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - TANZ; from £ 515
- USA - TANZ; from $ 1128
- EUR - TANZ; from € 670
- Subject to availability & T&C's