South Africa Visa RequirementsPLEASE NOTE THAT CHANGES ARE MADE ALMOST ON A DAILY BASIS, PLEASE CONTACT YOU NEAREST SOUTH AFRICAN EMBASSY FOR MORE ACCURATE VISA POSTING AND UPDATES
** Countries exempt from South African Visas **
** The above link has the list of countries whose nationals/citizens do not require a visa for entry into South Africa **
UYAPHI SAFARIS CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR CHANGES IN GOVERNMENT POLICY, SHOULD CHANGES OCCUR!
Travel Visas for South Africa are offered for a period of 90 days or less.
Requirements for entering South Africa:
- A valid and acceptable passport or travel document for your intended stay.
- At least 2 consecutive blank Visa pages in your passort (see below).
- Sufficient funds to pay for your day-to-day expenses during your stay.
- A return or onward ticket.
- Yellow fever certificates if your journey starts or entails passing through the yellow fever belt of Africa or South America (see below).
If a person visiting South Africa wants to stay more than three months (90 Days) then that is a completely different kettle of fish, contact your nearest South African embassy.
!!!! IMPORTANT !!!!- Your passport has to have at least 2 consecutive blank Visa pages. These 2 pages need to be lying side by side in other words when your passport is open the right and left pages need to be blank (if a page has to be turned over to get to the other blank page you will be stopped from traveling or deported on arrival).
When entering South Africa (and many other African countries) your passport needs to be valid for a LEAST 6 months after the travel entry date. We always ask our clients rather look at 9 months just to be on the safe side.
Travelers under the age of 18- If you are traveling with children (or if children are joining you) under the age of 18 you will need;
- Unabridged birth certificate for each child (Unabridged = Original, not copies or even certified copies, Original).
- If you are traveling with children and one of the parents is absent, a letter of affidavit from the absent parent is required (even if you are divorced). This letter needs to have been certified by the police in your home country.
- So in a Nuttshell the child will need;
- Child + Both Parents = Unabridged birth certificate and passport.
- Child + One Parent = Unabridged birth certificate, passport and affidavit from the absent parent.
- Child + Guardian = Unabridged birth certificate, passport and affidavit from both absent parents.
- Unaccompanied Child = Unabridged birth certificate, passport, affidavit from both absent parents, the person who receives the child will need; letter with their address, full contact details and certified copy of passport or ID.
- The South African Government says that these measures are to protect children against trafficking.
Vaccinations- Yellow fever certificates if your journey starts or entails passing through the yellow fever belt of Africa or South America.
- Example; If you land in South Africa to connect to for example Zambia and then fly from Zambia back to South Africa to reconnect with your return flight home - you will need a Yellow fever certificate.