- Includes/ Excludes
- Enquire Now
African Collage Rail Safari
- Safari Information
- - Departure; Scheduled departure dates
- - Duration; 9 Days / 8 Nights
- - Lodging; Aboard Rovos Rail
- - Group Size; Minimum 1
- - Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
- 09h00 Check-in at Rovos Rail Station in Pretoria for departure at 10h00.
- Lunch and dinner are served as the train travels east towards Mpumalanga.
- (Breakfast 07h00-10h00 - Lunch 13h00 - Tea 16h30 - Dinner 19h30).
Day 2: Kruger Area
- Golfers: 09h00 Tee off at Leopard Creek near Kruger with lunch.
- Non-golfers: 08h00 Game drive in the Kruger Park with lunch.
- 17h00 Rejoin the train at Komatipoort and depart for Zululand.
Day 3: Zululand
- 09h30 Game drive in the Hluhluwe Reserve in Zululand.
- 13h00 Lunch is served as the train travels south alongside the St Lucia Wetland Park to Durban for the overnight stop.
Day 4: Natal Midlands
- Golfers: 08h00 Tee off at Durban Country Club.
- Non-golfers: 08h00 Disembark for a short city tour of Durban.
- After lunch, enjoy a one-hour scenic drive along the Midlands Meander to join the train at Lions River.
- 10h00 Traverse the Valley of a Thousand Hills to Ardmore Ceramics for a two-hour afternoon visit.
- 16h00 Return to the train for dinner and overnight.
- Traverse the Drakensberg.
Day 5: Bloemfontein
- 09h00 Disembark for a city tour of Bloemfontein.
- 13h00 Travel to Coerney/Alicedale across the Drakensberg Mountains.
Day 6: Port Elizabeth
- Golfers: 07h00 One-hour transfer from Alicedale to Humewood Course.
- Enjoy a game and lunch before joining the train in Port Elizabeth.
- Non-golfers: 08h00 Game drive at Addo Elephant Park.
- 11h30 Rejoin the train and depart for Port Elizabeth.
- 14h15 Experience the train being turned around then depart for Oudtshoorn via Willowmore.
Day 7: Garden Route
- Golfers: 07h00 Arrive Oudtshoorn.
- Transfer to George along Montagu Pass.
- 10h30 Tee off at Fancourt followed by dinner at the estate.
- Non-golfers: 09h00 Two-hour ostrich-farm visit in Oudtshoorn.
- 18h30 Disembark for dinner at Fancourt Estate.
Day 8: Cape Overberg
- Golfers: 07h00 Transfer to Ernie Els Oubaai for tee off at 08h00.
- Non-golfers: 08h00 Morning at leisure in Knysna or ferry ride to Featherbed.
- 13h00 Depart George and travel along the Garden Route via the Outeniqua Mountains to the coast for Riversdale.
Day 9: Safari End in Cape Town
- 11h00 Two-hour tour of the KWV Brandy Distillery, Worcester.
- 17h00 Arrive at Platform 23 at Cape Town Station.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ITINERARY ALSO RUN IN REVERSE
- Rates from: ZAR 70 200.00
- Per person sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - RSA; from £ 611
- USA - RSA; from $ 1390
- EUR - RSA; from € 495
- Subject to availability & T&C's
- Safari Includes
- - Accommodation
- - Meals and excursions during the train journey
- - Alcoholic beverages whilst on board the train
- Safari Excludes
- - Visas
- - Items of a personal nature
- - Flights (domestic and international)
- - All guests must be covered by a fully comprehensive travel insurance policy valid from the date that they confirm the itinerary with Uyaphi.com