Turbine Hotel and Spa
- Enquire Now
A once trusted wood-fired turbine power station, now transformed into luxurious quarters and chic talking point. This Knysna Power Station Hotel has been restored to its rightful landmark status on Knysna's exclusive Thesen Island. Chrome-finished dials and retro pressure gauges complete this unique five-star space, affirming its authentic character.
An undeniable devotion to balance is especially evident at the Amani Spa, where Arabic body rituals unite the four fundamental elements: earth, air, fire and water. Serenity is standard throughout with sundowners and tapas the order of the day. Epicureans will delight in fresh al fresco flavours and the Diners Club Platinum Award winning wine list.
Turbine Hotel is a memorable tribute to the past - an example of retrofit gone right.
Rooms & Suites:
The Turbine Hotel and Spa offers up 24 individually styled rooms and suites surround the central hall where beautifully preserved machinery tells tales of a hardworking past. Muted design is key here.
Food & Wine:
The Island Cafe; This 90 seat restaurant creates a totally unique environment for all meals. Tables overlook the canal, pool deck or are nestled between the original refurbished turbines. Warm open fireplaces and majestic sliding glass doors allow us to maximize and match the ambience and weather conditions. The Island café has won the prestigious 2010/11 Diners Club Platinum Award for its wine list.
The Turbine Tapas Bar & Deck; Enjoy a sundowner or delectable bite from our menu at the Tapas bar which is built around the hotels fifth turbine or simply relax on the deck for casual drinks & tapas on those balmy evenings overlooking the canals & jetties and enjoy the legendary Knysna lagoon sunsets.
- 3 x Bar areas - Tapas Bar and outside deck area, Pool deck.
- 2 x Restaurants - Tapas Bar and Island Café - BLD a la carte; restaurant seating - 80 people.
- Inside courtyard/lounge area.
- Library with internet computers.
- Fully stocked wine cellar.
- Knysna Hotel offers a Curio shop.
- Fully served reception with concierge facilities, including lagoon/sea cruises, cycling and assistance to other places of interest.
- Rim flow pool with deck facing onto canal.
- Common areas are also an art gallery showcasing local talent.
- Disabled room and downstairs disabled loo.
To compliment the many facilities and activities of Turbine Hotel and Spa, its picturesque Amani Spa is one of tranquility and relaxation, offering a wide variety of body, facial and beauty treatments, and a unique pedicure experience in our exclusive Spa Massage Pedi Chair.
Enjoy the Spa's Rasul, a traditional Arabic ritual, a cleansing treatment that takes place in an exotically mosaic tiled steam chamber, which unites the four fundamental elements of earth, air, fire and water into a special experience for both body and soul, leaving you feeling cleansed, renewed, relaxed, and your skin silky soft.
- Hotel Information
- - Hotel type; Hotel
- - Location; Knysna
- - Hotel size; 24 Rooms
- - Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
- Hotel Highlights
- - Knysna Elephant Park
- - Visit the Knysna heads
- - Oyster tasting
- - Canoeing on the Knysna Lagoon
- - Shopping and art galleries
- - Spend the day on one of the many beaches
- - Birding and hiking in the forests
- - Mitchell's Knysna Brewery
- Rates from: R 1570.00
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - RSA; from £ 611
- USA - RSA; from $ 1390
- EUR - RSA; from € 495
- Subject to availability & T&C's