Shamwari Long Lee Manor
- Enquire Now
- Lodge Information
- - Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- - Location; Shamwari Reserve
- - Lodge size; 18 Rooms
- - Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Shamwari South Africa is home to Africa's Big 5 (elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard), is malaria free and is situated in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. This reserve has received numerous international awards, including the World's Leading Conservation Company and Game Reserve for many consecutive years.
Rooms & Suites:
Shamwari Long Lee Manor, originally built in 1910, offers a distinctive Colonial experience. This splendidly restored Edwardian Manor House offers guests refined comfort, congenial service and enticing cuisine in the African bush. Long Lee Manor accommodates 38 guests in 15 elegant en-suite rooms and 3 luxury suites.
- Rooms have ceiling fans and air-conditioning (hot & cold).
- Satellite T.V.
- International direct dial.
- Tea/coffee making facilities.
Food & Wine:
Sumptuously prepared meals are enjoyed in the main dining room, under the Pepper Tree, or around the open blazing fire at the Barn. A river boma offers an outdoor option for meals. The Shamwari wine list is especially selected and includes a choice of 12 red and 12 white South African wines. A further selection of rare and fine wines and imported French champagne is also available. A selection of Cuban cigars are on offer from the humidor.
- 2 Swimming pools.
- Perimeter Electric fence.
- Private conference facilities.
- Internet access.
- Spa facilities - 2 Treatment/Therapy rooms, Steam Bath, outdoor Jacuzzi.
- Curio shop.
- Outdoor dining under the Pepper Tree.
- Original 1916 Barn, with conferencing and outdoor dining facilities.
- Personal ranger service - only 6 passengers per vehicle.
- Safe-keeping facilities in all rooms.
In between game drives your time is filled with relaxing, reading, spa treatments, swimming, enjoying delicious cuisine, a game walk, or a visit to one of the two Born Free Big Cat Sanctuary.
- Lodge Highlights
- - Game drives
- - Bush spa treatments
- - Guided walks
- - Visit the Born Free Big Cat Sanctuary
- - Only 6 passengers per vehicle
- - Swimming
- Rates from: R 4725.00
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - RSA; from £ 611
- USA - RSA; from $ 1390
- EUR - RSA; from € 495
- Subject to availability & T&C's