Shamwari Eagles Crag Lodge
- Enquire Now
- Lodge Information
- - Lodge type; Luxury Safari Lodge
- - Location; Shamwari Reserve
- - Lodge size; 9 Luxury Rooms
- - Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Eagles Crag Lodge comprises suites fashioned of glass and stone and is nestled in a valley and provides the ultimate luxury for the most discerning of travelers.
Rooms & Suites:
Each of the nine superior rooms has been built to maximize the privacy of the guest in the most tranquil of settings. The en-suite suites boast a private deck with pool, as well as, indoor and outdoor showers. Decorated in light and contemporary colours, with wall-to-wall glass doors on two sides, these suites provide stunning views of the surrounding cliffs.
- The lodge boasts an authentic African Experience, secretly hidden in a gorge, filled with temperate forest vegetation and looking out onto a cliff-face and riverbed.
- 9 Detached luxury suites.
- Plunge pools on private decks, which are accessed through large fold-away glass walls.
- Raised wooden decks between all rooms and public areas.
- Air-conditioning (hot & cold),ceiling fans.
- International direct dial telephones.
- Indoor & outdoor shower facilities.
- Tea/coffee making facilities.
- Private safe facilities.
- Bird spotting scope.
- Internet access.
- Fitted International adapters.
Food & Wine:
There are various dining venue options to enjoy the exquisite cuisine served at Eagles Crag. There is the upper floor dining room, the expansive balconies with stunning views of the cliff, the lower deck and the outdoor boma under the stars around the fire.
The Shamwari wine list is especially selected and includes a choice of 12 red and 12 white South African wines. A further selection of rare and fine wines and imported French champagne is also available.
A selection of Cuban cigars are on offer from the humidor.
- Spa with 2 Treatment Rooms, Hydro Bath, Sauna and Steam Bath.
- Gift Boutique.
- Library/meeting room.
- Dining Room on upper level with fireplace and fold-away glass walls out onto the balcony.
- Outdoor dinners in boma or on lower level deck with fold-away glass walls leading out onto the balcony.
- Bar/Cigar Lounge featuring a fireplace & big screen television with glass fold-away walls leading out onto the deck.
- Large lounge with fire place and large outdoor deck upstairs.
- A Birders paradise with beautiful views from the decks.
- Personal ranger service - only 6 passengers per vehicle.
- Two game drives per day (morning and evening).
- Birding Safaris.
- The Ian Player Rhino Awareness centre.
- The Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre.
- The Born Free Big Cat Sanctuaries.
- Spa treatments.
- Pro photo safari option.
- Kids on Safari programme.
- Rates from: R 6075.00
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - RSA; from £ 611
- USA - RSA; from $ 1390
- EUR - RSA; from € 495
- Subject to availability & T&C's