Kariega Main Lodge
- Enquire Now
- Lodge Information
- - Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- - Location; Kariega Reserve
- - Lodge size; 24 Log chalets
- - Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
The main public areas and log chalets blend perfectly in with the surrounding bushveld, walking around the lodge one will be surprised at the amount of birdlife fluttering around in plain sight.
Kariega is well know for her "Big Five" safaris and spectacular wildlife and birdlife, the area is of course malaria-free making it a perfect safari destination for young families.
Rooms & Suites:
21 Log chalets, with large private viewing decks (some with private pools) offering privacy and stunning views of the Kariega River valley. All the log chalets are air-conditioned, with en-suite bedrooms, fire place and satellite TV's.
- King-size bed (can be made up as twin bed).
- En-suite bathroom.
- In-side shower and Ornate bathroom.
- Large private viewing deck (some with private pool).
- Bar fridge.
- Internet connectivity (at reception).
- Safe and telephone.
Food & Wine:
The lodge has been expertly integrated with the surrounding bush to create a natural environment where the guests can enjoy traditional meals in the restaurant or boma, a drink at the bar or a quiet a swim in the pool.
The restaurant area accommodates around 80 visitors, there is a small bar at which there is a nice selections of beers and wine. The boma area is a must for dinners if the weather is playing fair.
A large swimming pool in on offers for those hot summer days. Around the corner from the pool there is a gym and wellness centre that offers spa treatments.
Game drives in open top 4x4 safari vehicles are part and parcel of your stay here at Kariega.
Other activities include River cruise, walking safaris, fishing and canoeing (we highly recommend canoe for a few hours, absolutely stunning).
- Rates from: R 3200.00
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - RSA; from £ 611
- USA - RSA; from $ 1390
- EUR - RSA; from € 495
- Subject to availability & T&C's