Cape Peninsula TourDeparting from Cape Town on a journey as spectacular as any in the world, take in the highlights of the Cape Peninsula South Africa with her breathtaking beauty. Travelling through historic towns and enchanting fishing villages, we stop to admire and photographs all that surrounds. The highlight of the Cape Peninsula Tour is the viewpoint at the Cape Point itself with views that go on for ever.
Below is a rough guide of what to expect on this tour, the itinerary may change slightly depending on the time of year.
- Departing Cape Town at around 09h00 we drive through Seapoint and onto Camps Bay.
- Hout Bay is our stop after passing the town of Llandudno on the scenic Victoria Coastal Road (engineered by Thomas Bain).
- While visiting Hout Bay an optional boat trip to Duiker Island (Seal Island) is available, time permitting and at your own expense.
- Leaving Hout Bay we travel the famous Chapman's Peak Drive with numerous scenic stops along the way.
- Our lunch destination is the Cape Point Nature Reserve were a walk to the the lighthouse awaits, the scenery here is spectacular.
- After lunch we head along False Bay Coastal Road, direction Simon's Town.
- Just before Simon's Town we get to visit the Penguins at Boulders Beach (entry here is at your own expense), you can still see the Penguins even if you do not enter the reserve.
- Driving through Simon's Town and onto Muizenberg passing Fish Hoek and Kalk bay all the route.
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens is our destination, one of the greatest botanical gardens of the world.
- After the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens it is a short drive back to Cape Town.
- You will be happily dropped off at your hotel.
- Rates from: R 760.00
- Per person sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
Cape Peninsula South Africa Highlights
Cape Point Nature Reserve
Cape Point Nature Reserve offers up 17 750 hectares of plant diversity found nowhere else on the planet, 250 species of birds as well as baboons, cape mountain zebra and ostrich. From the main car park a short but steep walk takes one up the Cape Point Lighthouse, a funicular is available from those less energetic. The Two Oceans Restaurant is there perfect spot to enjoy a lunch and a glass of wine whilst overlooking the entirety of False Bay.
Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
One of the great and most beautiful botanical gardens of the world, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens is a highlight for all that visit. With inviting lawns and gentle pathways one comes face to face with an astounding variety of indigenous plant species, 9 000 plant species on show (70% of which are endemic to the area). Remember to pack your camera and an extra memory card, taking a few hundred photographs here is not uncommon.
Chapman's Peak Drive
Chapman's Peak Drive (when open) offers 9 kilometres of spectacular 180° views of Hout Bay, over 114 bends with viewpoints scattered along its length. A marvel of road engineering in its day the road is carved into 630 million year old Cape Granite. Flanked by the Atlantic Ocean to one side and spectacular mountain peaks on the other, Chapman's Peak Drive is revered by photographers world wide.
- - Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- - Duration; +- 8 Hours
- - Group Size; Minimum 2
- - Guide
- - Vehicle
- - Clifton Beaches
- - Hout Bay & Mariners’ Wharf
- - Cape Point & Nature Reserve
- - Historic Simon's Town
- - Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- - Lunch
- - Items of a personal nature
- - Drinks
- - Boat ride to view seals
- - Penguin colony at the Boulders