- Includes/ Excludes
- Enquire Now
Classic North East Camping Safari
- Safari Information
- - Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- - Duration; 11 Days / 10 Nights
- - Lodging; Camping
- - Group Size; Minimum 2
- - Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
- Depart from Windhoek via Okahandja, Otjiwarongo and Otavi to Grootfontein.
- Visit the largest meteorite in the southern hemisphere nearby Grootfontein before proceeding to Roy's Camp just north of Grootfontein.
- Settle down on one of the idyllic campsites and enjoy the sight of free roaming antelopes quenching their thirst at the nearby waterhole.
- Camping on full board.
Day 2: Kaudom National Park
- After breakfast, travel into an easterly direction into the heart of the Bushmanland, Tsumkwe.
- After a short stop, the journey continues to the Kaudom National Park, the most remote and desolated National Park in Namibia.
- Camp will be set up at the Sikeretti camp site in the southern part of Kaudom National Park.
- Late pm game drive into the surrounding area in search of the many game species of this park inclusive of predators and large herds of elephant.
- Excellent birding around the various water holes can be experienced.
- Camping overnight on fullboard.
Day 3: Kaudom National Park
- Full day game viewing drive while travelling through the park with excellent game encounters en route.
- Good sable, roan, wildebeest, buffalo, kudu, giraffe, elephant and with a bit of luck predator and wild dog sightings can be expected.
- Camp will be erected at the Kaudom Camp site, which is idyllically situated on a huge sand dune overlooking the Kaudom River valley.
- Good opportunity to encounter predators on the late pm game drive on the flood plains of the Khaudom River.
- Camping on fullboard.
Day 4: Popa Falls
- Early morning departure leaving the park in a northerly direction for the Popa Falls area at Bagani.
- Following a very sandy and difficult path, the journey continues through dense forest areas with a visit at one of the traditional Kavango communal villages en route.
- Arrival at Ndhovu lodge or similar for lunch. Set up camp on the banks of the Okavango river.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery and the peaceful grazing of herds of buffalo and elephant on the banks the Okavango River during an optional sundowner boat cruise on the river.
- Camping overnight on fallboard.
Day 5: Mahango National Park
- Full day game viewing drive into the nearby Mahango National Park.
- Excellent game viewing, i.e. Red Lechwe, Waterbuck, Sable Roan, Hippos, Elephants, Buffalo, possible some predatorsas well as the usual plains game can be expected.
- Optimal opportunityfor excellent birding inclusive of a series of raptors can be done on the flood plains and banks of the Okavango River.
- Return to camp late afternoon in time to enjoy a relaxing sundowner drink on the viewing deck of the lodge.
- Camping overnight on fullboard.
Days 6-8: Bwabwata National Park
- Bid farewell to the Kavango region with a transfer drive into the Bwabwata National Park bordering the Kwando river.
- This game rich region can easily be compared to a Botswana experience with exceptional good opportunity to encounter elephant, hippo, buffalo, giraffe, roan and sable antelopes , all other plains and water game and exceptional good birding.
- Camp for the next three days will be erected at the Nambwa campsite (or similar)on the banks of the Kwando riverin the Susuwe area.
- Am and pm game drives into the surrounding area as well as the Mudumo National Park will offer unique game viewing opportunities and experiences.
- Three nights' camping on fullboard.
Day 9: Okavango River
- The return journey back into civilization takes us into the Kavango region, past neatly constructed communal villages to the town of Rundu.
- Spend the night in a comfortable, rustic lodge on the banks of the Okavango River with a relaxing afternoon at the swimming pool or join a group for a sundowner boat cruiseon the Okavango River (optional).
- Overnight in bungalows of Hakusembe Lodge (or similar) on full board.
Day 10: Waterberg Plateau National Park
- After a short visit to the Craft Market in Rundu, head back into central Namibia past the towns of Tsumeb and Otavi into the Waterberg Plateau National Park.
- The rest of the afternoon at own leisure, relaxingat the pool or enjoy a short hike to experience the unique fauna and flora of this part of Namibia.
- Overnight in bungalows of the Waterberg Plateau Park on fullboard.
Day 11: Windhoek, Safari Ends
- Optional early morning game viewing drive onto the massive plateau before heading back to the capital of Windhoek via the craft market of Okahandja.
- Arrive in Windhoek late afternoon. - End of tour.
- Rates from: NAD$ 31 800.00
- Per person sharing
- Rates are in Namibian Dollars
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - NAM; from £ 800
- USA - NAM; from $ 1700
- EUR - NAM; from € 1100
- Subject to availability & T&C's
- Safari Includes
- - Travelling costs as per itinerary; game drives, activities, entrance- and park fees
- - Accommodation in two-man tents / double rooms
- - Full board, refreshment drinks en route, house wine and beer at dinner whilst camping
- - Experienced guiding in English or German
- - VAT and Bed levy
- Safari Excludes
- - Expenses of a personal nature, i.e. laundry, telephone, gratuities, souvenirs, etc
- - Personal, medical and evacuation insurances
- - Additional activities
- - Alcoholic beverages and drinks