- Includes/ Excludes
- Enquire Now
Affordable Namibia Self Drive Safari
- Safari Information
- - Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- - Duration; 11 Days / 10 Nights
- - Lodging; Accommodated
- - Group Size; Minimum 1
- - Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
- Upon arrival at Hosea Kutako (Windhoek) Airport you will be met and assisted with your car rental formalities and given a self-drive briefing.
- Drive approximately 45 kilometres (28 miles) / 45 minutes to Safari Court Hotel.
- Overnight at Safari Court Hotel - bed & breakfast.
Day 2: Waterberg
- The Waterberg Plateau is a few hour North of Windhoek.
- The perfect stop-off to break up that long drive to Etosha.
- Endangered species like the Black and White Rhino, Sable Antelope and Blue Wildebeest can be seen in this area.
- A short tour of the Africat Foundation is also worth the effort.
- Drive approximately 275 kilometres (171 miles) / 3 hours to Waterberg Wilderness Lodge
- Overnight at Waterberg Wilderness Lodge - dinner, bed and breakfast.
Days 3 - 4: Etosha National Park
- A long(ish) but leisurely drive to the famous Etosha National Park awaits today.
- Over the next couple of days one gets the chance to self game drive through this incredible wildlife rich National Park.
- Mokuti Lodge is located within a four minute drive of the Park itself.
- Drive approximately 395 kilometres (245 miles) / 5 hours to Mokuti Lodge
- Overnight at Mokuti Lodge - dinner, bed and breakfast basis.
Day 5: Etosha National Park
- This morning one gets to drive from east to west though the Etosha.
- The whole route today is one long game drive.
- Drive to Okaukuejo Rest Camp.
- The distance covered depends on the game-drive routes clients choose and time spent game-viewing.
- Overnight at Okaukuejo Rest Camp - room only basis.
Day 6: Damaraland
- leaving Etosha behind one heads into one of the most isolated destinations in Africa.
- Damaraland with all her scenic attractions and wonders awaits.
- Attractions include: the Bushmen rock art at Twyfelfontein, the petrified forest and the rock formations including the organ pipes.
- Drive approximately 360 kilometres (223 miles) / 5 hours to Twyfelfontein
- Overnight at Twyfelfontein Lodge - dinner, bed and breakfast basis.
Days 7-8: Swakopmund
- From Damaraland one heads towards Namibia's Atlantic Ocean and onto Swakopmund.
- A couple of days of relaxing in this small coastal town awaits all.
- Numerous adventure activities are on offer as well as great restaurant, pubs and clubs.
- Drive approximately 430 kilometres (267 miles) / 6 hours to Swakopmund
- Overnight at Strand Hotel - bed and breakfast basis.
Days 9-10: Namib Desert
- Namib Desert is without question one of Namibia's highlights.
- A long but scenic drive awaits.
- Visit the famous Sossusvlei sand dunes at 300m, are the highest in the world
- Drive approximately 340 kilometres (211 miles) / 6 hours to Sossusvlei
- Overnight at Sossusvlei Lodge - dinner, bed and breakfast basis.
Day 11: Windhoek, safari ends
- A leisurely drive to Windhoek were ones safari comes to a end.
- Drive approximately 360 kilometres (223 miles) / 4 - 5 hours to Windhoek International Airport and drop off hired vehicle.
- Rates on Request, budget dependant
- Per person sharing
- Rates are in Namibian Dollars
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - NAM; from £ 800
- USA - NAM; from $ 1700
- EUR - NAM; from € 1100
- Subject to availability & T&C's
- Safari Includes
- - Twin or single accommodation
- - Meals as specified
- - Accommodation as specified
- - One guided walk at Waterberg Wilderness Lodge
- Safari Excludes
- - All items of a personal nature
- - Gratuities and porterage
- - Meals other than those specified
- - Sightseeing and excursions other than those specified
- - Entrance fees for National Parks and any other areas of interest
- - All expenses related to self-drive vehicle
- - Visas (please thoroughly check requirements depending on your nationality, for the countries being visited prior to travel)
- - Scheduled flights to and from Windhoek