Namib Desert Lodge
- Enquire Now
Namib Desert Lodge sits at the very foot of the 'fossilised' dunes of the protomorphic Namib. Situated just 60 km north of Sesriem, the gateway to famous Sossusvlei, and not far from the main road, the lodge is an ideal starting point for an excursion to the highest dunes in the world.
Sossusvlei is situated right in the middle of the dune Namib, the sand sea which covers south-western Namibia between the Kuiseb River east of Walvis Bay and the tar road from Aus to Lüderitz. The entire area is part of the national Namib Naukluft Park. Visitor access is limited to a few places only.
This Sossusvlei Lodge is set among tall trees and palms, there is a restaurant and swimming pool, all of which invite you to linger and relax. Join a drive through the magnificent scenery or simply enjoy the thrill of Gemsbok and Springbok frequenting the illuminated watering hole after dusk.
Rooms & Suites:
There are 50 en-suite rooms with bathroom and private veranda, allowing you to sit outside your room and enjoy a spectacular desert sunset.
Food & Wine:
The thatched restaurant is generously appointed and also includes a cosy bar and a cellar well-stocked with fine South African wines.
Activities at this Sossusvlei Lodge:
– The pan of Sossusvlei and the highest dunes on earth
– The fossilised dunes and the sand sea of the Namib
– Scenic drives through the nature reserve
– Excursions to Sesriem Canyon or the Naukluft Mountains
- Lodge Information
- - Lodge type; Safari Camp
- - Location; Namib Desert
- - Lodge size; 50 rooms
- - Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
- Lodge Highlights
- - The pan of Sossusvlei and the highest dunes on earth
- - The fossilised dunes and the sand sea of the Namib
- - Scenic drives through the nature reserve
- - Excursions to Sesriem Canyon or the Naukluft Mountains
- Rates from: NAD 555.00
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in Namibian Dollars
- Namibian Dollars are 1 to 1 with the South African Rand
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - NAM; from £ 800
- USA - NAM; from $ 1700
- EUR - NAM; from € 1100
- Subject to availability & T&C's