Little Ongava camp
- Enquire Now
Little Ongava, in the private 30 000 acre Ongava game reserve shares a common boundary with Etosha National Park, nestles on the crest of a hill with wonderful views onto the plains below.
A kaleidoscope of Africa wildlife can be seen at many of the water holes in the Park and the reserve has resident White and Black Rhino plus a healthy predator population. Guests share a dedicated guide, ensuring the optimum nature experience at one of Africa's great wilderness destinations
Birdlife is also good with Ostrich and raptors in abundance. Local specials include the Short-toed Rockthrush, Hautlaub's Francolin, Rockrunner, Rüppell's Parrot, White-tailed Shrike and Chestnut Weaver.
Rooms & Suites:
A warm welcome awaits at this intimate and exclusive lodge, with unrivalled privacy in only three spacious, private and luxurious units each with its own plunge pool, 'sala', en-suite bathroom - along with a bath with a view - and indoor and outdoor shower.
These and the dining and lounge area have wonderful views of the waterhole below the camp and the latter lends itself to relaxed, stylish dining under an African sky or under thatch.
The lounge and dining area offer impressive views out over the surrounding Namibian plains, the perfect place to sit back and relax amongst friends and family.
The Ongava Game Reserve is situated on the southern boundary of Etosha National Park, enabling large game such as elephant and lion to move between the Park and the private reserve. Day and night wildlife-viewing drives, visiting hides that overlook waterholes and walks with experienced guides can all be enjoyed exclusively on this reserve.
Game drives and day-trips into the easily accessible Okaukuejo area of Etosha National Park are rewarding, with sightings of lion, elephant, gemsbok, springbok, red hartebeest, and white and black rhino. Guests at Little Ongava share a dedicated guide and Land Rover, ensuring the best possible nature experience at one of Africa's great wildlife destinations. A hide at the camp waterhole provides superb photographic opportunities.
At Ongava the characteristic wildlife of the area is present, with both desert-adapted black and white rhino to be seen as well as lion.
A highlight at Ongava is that it is one of the few private game reserves in southern Africa where there is a chance of seeing both black and white rhino. For those who enjoy close wildlife encounters, tracking white rhino on foot with a guide is a highlight not to be missed.
- Camp Information
- - Lodge type; Premier Camp
- - Location; Ongava Game Reserve
- - Lodge size; 3 Tented suites
- - Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
- Camp Highlights
- - Game drives in Etosha National Park and Ongava Game Reserve
- - Swimming pool
- - Guided walks (white rhino can be tracked on foot)
- - Game drives are conducted in 9 seater open vehicles
- - A choice of morning drives into Etosha National Park
- - Walks and night drives on the Ongava Game Reserve
- - Guests at Little Ongava share a dedicated guide and Land Rover ensuring the optimum nature experience
- Rates from: NAD 8 012.00
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in Namibian Dollars
- Namibian Dollars are 1 to 1 with the South African Rand
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - NAM; from £ 800
- USA - NAM; from $ 1700
- EUR - NAM; from € 1100
- Subject to availability & T&C's