- Enquire Now
The Canon Village sits picturesquely at the foot of a sweeping rock face in Gondwana Canon Park.
On arrival Luggage and Suitcase, the donkeys will welcome you and happily deliver your luggage to your chalet. And enjoy a break at the 'Pool with a View' - a view of the virtually endless plain of Gondwana Canon Park.
A rural atmosphere also prevails in the restaurant building which sports a coffee shop and a rustic bar between massive granite boulders. Namibian artists have adorned the walls of the restaurant and the chalets with murals depicting the daily life of the Bondelswart Nama, the original inhabitants of this area.
Rooms & Suites:
Canon Village consists of 21 comfortable chalets (42 rooms) in the Cape-Dutch style and a thatched restaurant of generous proportions are grouped together to form a little hamlet.
Food & Wine:
The evening buffet consists of several meat dishes, fresh vegetables and a choice of salads. Meat and sausages, yoghurt and cheese, vegetables and fruit allcome fresh from the Canyon Village self-sufficiency centre which runs a greenhouse, cheese dairy, butchery and smokehouse.
– Morning Hike
– Hiking Trails
– Canyon Drive
– Flights over the Fish River Canyon
– Horse Riding
– Sundowner Drives
– Sundowner Walks
- Village Information
- - Lodge type; Safari Camp
- - Location; Fish River Surroundings
- - Lodge size; 21 Chalets
- - Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
- Village Highlights
- - Fish River Canyon
- - Hikes and walks
- - Photography
- - See the winding gorges of the canyon from the air
- Rates from: NAD 755.00
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in Namibian Dollars
- Namibian Dollars are 1 to 1 with the South African Rand
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - NAM; from £ 800
- USA - NAM; from $ 1700
- EUR - NAM; from € 1100
- Subject to availability & T&C's