Rates from US$ 5940.00 per person sharing
The Above Rates should be used as a guideline only.
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- Vehicle type may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- Duration; 10 Day Botswana Safari
- Lodging; Bush Camps
- Group Size; Minimum 2
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Day 1: Toka Leya Camp, Zambia
- After arrival in Livingstone, you will be met by a representative and transferred directly for a guided tour of the Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World.
- At 1708 metres wide, it is the largest curtain of water in the world and drops 103 metres into the basalt depths of the sheer Zambezi Gorge.
- Toka Leya Camp is situated on the banks of the Zambezi River in the eastern sector of the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, some 12 km's up from the Victoria Falls.
- The camp consists of 12 safari-style tents, each en-suite with a view of the magnificent Zambezi River and some of its islands.
- The camp's dining and bar area are set beneath a shaded canopy of trees overlooking the River and a swimming pool.
- Toka Leya Camp
Days 2-4: Chobe River boat cruise & Linyanti
- After a full breakfast, we leave Zambia and enter the Chobe National Park in Botswana by way of the Kazungula border, a point where the four countries of Botswana, Zambia, Namibia and Zimbabwe meet.
- The Chobe National Park is famous for its vast herds of elephants and unique species such as the elusive puku and Chobe bushbuck that move to the river during the hottest hours of the day - even more so in the dry season.
- Enjoy a light lunch served during the boat cruise on the catamaran-style shaded boat, after which we depart by aircraft in the late afternoon for the Linyanti region, from the airstrip game driving to our pre-erected Adventurer campsite. The north-eastern corner of the Linyanti is famed for its myriad of changing landscapes with sweeping views, from riverine to savannah and from forest to plains.
- The Linyanti region's life-giving perennial waters attract herds of wildlife that walk well-worn game paths to slake their thirst in the dry season. Predators follow in their footsteps and, coupled with the area's diversity of habitat, make for exciting game viewing.
- Adventurer Camp
Days 5-7: Khwai Adventurer Camp, Okavango Delta
- After breakfast, we drive to the airstrip for light aircraft transfer to Khwai Adventurer Camp.
- Khwai Adventurer Camp is located in a private concession just north of the Khwai River above the Moremi Game Reserve.
- The Khwai Concession is one of the most diverse areas in northern Botswana which seldom disappoints when it comes to producing extraordinary wildlife experiences.
- The life source for this area is the Khwai River - the northernmost "finger" of the Okavango Delta alluvial fan, which provides vital sustenance to numerous animals.
- The narrow Khwai Channel is home to large mammals such as hippo and crocodile with buffalo and red lechwe often seen grazing along the fringe.
- The beautiful gallery riverine woodland found along the river provides further sanctuary to birds, primates and leopard.
- Elusive roan antelope often come to the river to drink.
- Activities focus around day and night game drives, nature walks and seasonal mokoro excursions.
- Adventurer Camp
Days 8-9: Xigera Mokoro Trails, Okavango Delta
- We fly by light aircraft to the water-filled paradise of the private Xigera area, within the Moremi Game Reserve. Xigera is the ultimate Delta experience, with serene waters flowing through innumerable channels around remote islands and a profusion of plant and animal life.
- There is no better way to experience the Okavango than to travel through it by mokoro, walking and camping out on a vegetated island - all essential elements of the Xigera Mokoro Trails experience. The experience is aimed at exposing the permanently flooded inner Delta, in the serene waterways and on the islands of trees and bush. Our guest tents are lighter here than the rest of the safari, with a gauze main frame, thus enhancing the views, and with comfortable mattresses at ground level.
- Activities include mokoro and walking safaris on inner remote islands, which enable up-close encounters with an excellent diversity of birdlife (including Pel's Fishing Owl), frogs and a myriad of game species, some specially adapted to water, such as the rare sitatunga and the familiar red lechwe. Walking activities vary in length and duration through the seasons, especially in the months when the Okavango is at peak flood (June, July and August) where they become shorter as more islands become flooded.
- Xigera Mokoro Trails Camp
Day 10: Botswana Migration Routes Safari Ends
- Bid farewell to the Botswana Migration Routes adventure as we transfer by light aircraft to Maun Airport.
- Accommodation on a per person sharing basis
- All meals from lunch on Day 1 to the end of the scheduled safari
- A reasonable amount of soft drinks, wine, beer, teas & coffees and bottled water while on safari in Botswana
- National park fees
- Guided tour of the Victoria Falls
- All internal charters on a seat rate basis
- Flights (other than specified in the detailed safari itinerary)
- Compulsory insurance
- All relevant entry and departure government taxes
- All drinks in Zambia
- All personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls etc.)
- Optional extra activities
- Pre and post safari tours
- All other travel arrangements before or after the safari