Rates on Request, budget dependent
The Above Rates should be used as a guideline only.
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- Vehicle type may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- Departure; Daily; Scheduled or Tailor-Made
- Duration; 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Lodging; Edo's Camp
- Group Size; Minimum 2
- Minimum age; seven years old
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
The Kalahari Young Explorer's package is a specially designed safari offering families the opportunity to discover the wonders of the African wilderness together. This itinerary explores the Kalahari desert area and offers exclusivity in a private camp.
Day 1: Maun to the Kalahari Desert
- On arrival in Maun, you will be met at the airport by a representative from Edo's Camp and transfer by road through to the game ranch.
- The drive is approximately 2 hours, and we may stop to visit a Herero village (time permitting) and for a picnic lunch along the way (time permitting).
- Edo's Camp is an eight bedded camp situated in a private game reserve over 120 000ha in size.
- The camp is set around a large rocky pan that is part of an ancient river system, in the past, this chain of pans and springs were important watering points on the trekking route.
- You will be welcomed to camp by the hosts and shown around the camp and grounds before settling into your rooms.
- The luxury tents are on raised decks looking out across a large pan as does the main dining and lounge area.
- This afternoon we can relax in camp and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere as the game come down to drink; uninterrupted by predators the pan can be host to hundreds of kudu, impala, springbok and many more varieties of wildlife.
- Dinner is prepared for you and enjoyed together as a family, this evening you can test your memory from the lessons in the delta and early to bed for an exciting day ahead.
- (Lunch and Dinner, including drinks)
- Accommodation; Edo's Camp
Days 2-3: Kalahari Desert
- The next two days are action packed and the earlier you wake, the sooner the adventure begins.
- You plan your days together with the guide, and there are a variety of activities on offer.
- A very special part of your experience will be to meet with one of the world's oldest cultures - the San Bushmen.
- There is a village situated in one area of the reserve, where they live as bushman do today, they do not wear traditional clothing but do carry out many old traditions including gathering food from the land.
- The women and children go out every morning, and you are welcome to join them collecting a range of medicinal and edible plant life.
- One of the big adventures of your stay will be to join the guides tracking rhino.
- The bushmen will locate some fresh tracks, and you will be off on foot through the bush and scrub following the bushmen's calls and hand signals, so as not to startle the rhino.
- There are also numerous birding walks and game drives to be taken in the area, and a variety of desert species can be seen including mongooses, meerkats, squirrels, brown hyena, aardvark and different desert antelope.
- Another special aspect of your time at Edo's Camp is an opportunity to visit the local children's day care centre, located on the property and sponsored by the owners of Edo's Camp and their guests (including you).
- You are welcome to bring books or other items from home to share with the children.
- There will also be time for relaxing in camp, enjoying the busy waterhole and also swimming in your very own waterhole - the swimming pool!
- (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, including drinks)
- Accommodation; Edo's Camp
Day 4: Kalahari Family Safari Ends
- Afterbreakfast it is time for farewells to new friends.
- You will be transferred back through to Maun in time for your onward connections
- 3 nights fully inclusive accommodation
- Guided walks tracking rhino
- Game drives
- Tour of bushman village
- All meals, snacks and beverages whilst in camp
- All children receive a young Explorer's Bush Journal
- All flights
- Airport taxes
- Personal expenses