Xudum Okavango Highlights
- Interactive kitchen
- Day and night game drives
- Walking with Bushmen
- Mokoro and fishing trips
- Sundowners on the Okavango waters
- Fine dining
Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge Information
- Lodge type; Luxury Safari Lodge
- Location; Okavango Delta
- Lodge size; 9 Safari Suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge is situated in Botswana's famed Okavango Delta all within a private 272 000 hectare wildlife concession. Surrounded by good wildlife and birdlife sightings year round and a good deal of activities to participate in.
Exclusive, luxurious and private whilst offering up a range of both land and water based safari activities. The overall atmosphere is one of earthy glamour.
Rooms and Suites
A stay at Xudum in one of the nine suites on offer is all about luxury and privacy with views out onto the Okavango and beyond. Suites are all split-level wooden structures with all the opulent trimmings one could ever want or need. All suite are positioned 30 metres apart ensuring the ultimate in privacy.
All suites offer guests the following;
- Outdoor showers
- Indoor showers
- Large bathtubs
- Private decks
- A lounge area
- Outdoor sala with day bed
- Private plunge pools
- Laundry services
- Twin or king-sized beds
Cuisine and Wine
No matter the occasion or time of day, Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge will surprise one with the quality of cuisine. Highlights being lunch out of the wooden decks with the Okavango stretching out in front as well as dinners in the boma area under the stars of Africa.
On the main dining deck, an interactive kitchen awaits those who are keen on learning the art of cooking and food preparation.
The central guest offers guests a lounge, bar and dining area all over multi-layered decks with a safari theme that includes local artworks and Botswanean sourced furniture. Open in the front with views of the delta no matter where one stands or sits.
A large wooden viewing deck extends out from the central lodge area and quite frankly is the place to be, those vistas out over the surrounding landscape are exceptional. Just sit out on the wooden decks and watch the wildlife and birdlife come to you, now that is a safari experience second to none.
WiFi is available in the central guest area but unfortunately no cell phone coverage at all.
Activities included in the rate;
- Morning and afternoon/evening game drives
- Guided bush walks
- Birdwatching options
- Children’s programme; treasure hunts and other activities
- Mokoro trips along the Delta waterways
- Fishing excursions
- Motorised boat excursions
- Helicopter flight over the Okavango Delta (Highly recommended)
- Okavango Horseback Safari
Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge itself is unfenced, and wildlife does wonder through, and around the lodge, really good wildlife sights can be had just sitting on the verandahs with a beer in hand.
Families are most certainly welcome, although kids under five years cannot participate in game drives, mokoro activities or nature walks. Children's programme includes treasure hunts and other activities.
Please bear in mind that African wildlife is dangerous and you will need to keep an eye on the children at all times. The private swimming pools are unfenced.
Rates from US$ 1075.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollars (US$)
*Rates may vary according to season
- Three meals daily
- Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees and refreshments on game drives
- Safari activities
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Transfers to and from the lodge airstrip and park fees
- Local and International flight
- Telephone calls
- Safari shop purchases
- All items of a personal nature
- Champagne, cognacs, fine wines, premium brand spirits and cigars
- Landing fees
- Travel Insurance