Xobega Island Highlights
- Affordable Botswana safari experience
- Completely eco-friendly
- Boat cruises through the Delta waterways
- Birding is amazing
- Mokoro safaris
- Sundowners on a Mokoro
- Photography opportunities
Xobega Island Camp Information
- Lodge type; Mobile Styled Safari Camp
- Location; Okavango Delta
- Lodge size; 10 Tented Suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Xobega Island Camp is located just off the mainland of the Moremi Game Reserve in the Okavango Delta on a small tree-filled island, a water wonderland teeming with wildlife and birdlife awaits.
Safari activities are centered around the vast network of Okavango channels that surround with boating safari the main attraction.
Xobega is truly wild with wildlife always near or in the camp, a destination for those seeking out an adventure experience like very few others can offer.
Rooms and Suites
- Ten Meru-style safari tents
- All safari tents offer en-suite open-air bathrooms
- Bucket showers, standing canvas wash basins, and chemical eco-toilets
- Twin beds in each tent with full linen
- Bedside table with insect repellent and water glasses
- Mosquito nets in each tent
- Solar-powered lighting
- Two safari chairs under the small canopy forming 'verandah' at each tent
Cuisine and Wine
All meals are of a high standard and are served in the dining tent or outside in the open air boma.
In a totally wild paradise that is completely unfenced, guests have access to accommodation, a dining tent, two lounge gazebos and of course an open-air boma with fire pit.
- A dining tent with dining table, chairs, and a tea and coffee station
- Two lounge gazebos in camp, complete with stylish wicker furniture
- A clearing with central campfire forming an open-air boma for evening relaxation
No cell phone reception or WiFi is available due to the remoteness of Xobega.
Water-based activities are the main attraction at Xobega Island Camp, in fact, exploring the Okavango channels is the whole reason one would stay here. Daily activities are based on boating safari options;
- Morning and afternoon boat cruises
- Birdwatching from the camp and boat
- Sunset boat cruises through the Okavango
- Mokoro safaris (optional if transferring from Mboma Boat Station)
Unfortunately, children under the age of 12 years cannot be accommodated. The camp is unfenced and wildlife will and does meander through.
Rates from US$ 295.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollars (US$)
*Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- Game activities
- Bottled water
- Teas & coffees
- Park fees
- Flights national and international
- Moremi Park fees (if self driving)
- Travel insurance
- All drinks
- All items of a personal nature
- Any item not described above