Khwai River Highlights
- Morning and afternoon game drives
- Night drives
- Guided safari walks
- 'Naturally Wild' gym and spa facility
- Cultural visits to the local Khwai village
Khwai River LodgeInformation
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Moremi Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 14 luxury tents
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Nestled on the edge of a leadwood and fig tree forest, overlooking the vast Khwai River floodplains and beyond into the Moremi Wildlife Reserve, sits the luxurious Khwai River Lodge.
Khwai is renowned for its large concentrations of mammals, and it is not unusual to see many different types of wildlife from the comfort of your private deck.
As a year-round destination for wildlife, predators can regularly be seen in the area, rated as one of the most prolific in Botswana for viewing wildlife.
Rooms and Suites
14 En-suite luxury tents with thatched roofs set on raised wooden decks overlooking the Khwai floodplain.
Each tent at Khwai River Lodge offers visitors electric overhead fans and lighting as well as electric heaters and air-conditioning. A private viewing deck with hammock and easy chairs is the perfect spot to relax and enjoy what surrounds.
Each tent is also equipped with an internal telephone to reception and other tents, an electronic in-room safe and is equipped with a 24-hour electricity supply for your comfort and safety.
- In-room safe
- Bathrobes and slippers
Cuisine and Wine
Early morning tea/coffee delivered to rooms at wake up, a light breakfast before the morning game drive/safari walk, and during the morning game drive, tea, coffee and biscuits.
On returning to the camp, a full buffet brunch is offered followed by time to rest and relax. A light tea will precede the afternoon game drive during which wine, beer, soft drinks & snacks will be served at sundown.
The table d'hote dinner is served in the main dining area with a wine presentation.
- Large central indoor lounge, dining area
- Outdoor Boma; a traditional dining experience area under the stars
- 20 Meter swimming pool
- Small specialized retail outlet and a small reference library
- Same day complimentary laundry
- Complimentary wi-fi, room to room telephones
- Private airstrip and helipad
The exceptional location of Khwai makes it a regular host to Elephant, Buffalo, Lion, Leopard, Cheetah and Wild Dogs. Birdlife can also be viewed in abundance with exceptional sightings of wildfowl and raptors near this Khwai River Luxury Lodge.
Activities at the camp include morning and afternoon game drives in open 4X4 vehicles after dark spotlight game drives and guided safari walks along the Khwai River.
Cultural visits to the local Khwai village can also be arranged as can full day excursions to the Okavango Delta.
- Storytelling around a roaring camp fire
- Basket weaving experience at tea time or a village tour
- Black Pools full day excursion
- Specialist walking safaris (trees, birds, wildlife, etc)
- Spoor identification knowledge a with guide
- Raptor identification
- Star gazing mythology
- Sundowners in the bush
Spa and Wellness
A small and intimate spa area is available for those seeking a rejuvenating massage or treatment with a masseuse that is available daily by appointment. The spa area consists of two treatment room with views out of the Khwai Game Reserve, couple massages are done on your suites private deck.
Rates from US$775.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollars (US$)
*Rates may vary according to season
- Scheduled activities
- Laundry service
- All meals
- Refreshments, local spirits and wines
- National park fees
- Government levies, taxes and 12% VAT
- Local and International flights
- Travel insurance
- Premium branded drinks and alcohol
- Items of a personal nature
- Any item not mentioned