Duba Plains Camp
- Enquire Now
Duba Plains Camp is perhaps the Okavango Delta's most remote camp. It is located in a private 30 000-hectare reserve and in the furthermost region of the Delta. The camp is situated on an island, surrounded by expansive seasonally flooded Duba Plains and shaded by tall ebony, fig and garcinia trees.
The Duba area is home to Lion, Lechwe, Elephant, Aardwolf, Bat-eared fox, Side-striped jackal and huge herds of Buffalo, as well as a large variety of Okavango Delta bird life. Wattled Cranes and Slaty Egrets are some of the Okavango specials found in the area.
Rooms & Suites:
Duba Plains is small and intimate, with accommodation in six tented rooms. Each of the tents has an en-suite bathroom, with hot and cold running water, and a veranda overlooking the floodplain. The dining room and bar area at this Luxury Botswana Okavango Lodge is raised on decks with an extended deck for star gazing and there is a great pool with a view.
– Land game drives in open 4x4 Land Rovers
Duba Plains has 2x 10-seater Land Rovers each accommodating a maximum of 7 guests, allowing all guests an outside seat.
– Night drives with spot light - but this will only be possible once the water levels have receded.
– Walking Safaris: These can be offered from Duba Plains to view fauna and flora not normally seen from vehicles
- - Lodge type; Safari Camp
- - Location; Okavango delta
- - Lodge size; 6 safari tents
- - Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
- - Morning and evening game drives
- - Mokoro activities during flood season
- - Birding
- Rates from: US$ 975.00
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in US Dollar
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - BOTS; from £ 740
- USA - BOTS; from $ 1547
- EUR - BOTS; from € 908
- Subject to availability & T&C's