Botswana Visa Requirements
PLEASE NOTE THAT CHANGES ARE MADE ALMOST ON A DAILY BASIS, PLEASE CONTACT YOU NEAREST BOTSWANA EMBASSY FOR MORE ACCURATE VISA POSTING AND UPDATES
- ** Click here for the official Botswana "Ministry of Labour & Home Affairs" page **
- ** The above link has the list of countries whose nationals/citizens do not require a visa for entry into Botswana **
UYAPHI SAFARIS CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR CHANGES IN GOVERNMENT POLICY, SHOULD CHANGES TO THE BELOW OCCUR!
All visitors entering Botswana must hold a passport that is valid for at least six months, except those with United Nations Convention travel documents. Visitors must also have outgoing travel documents and sufficient funds to finance their stay.
VISAS: Valid entry visas for the countries which do require them may be obtained from Botswana's various embassies and high commissions abroad. In countries where Botswana is not represented, visas may be obtained from the British High Commission. Entry visas obtained at border posts are valid for a maximum of 30-90 days. Extensions may be obtained from any immigration office in Botswana. No visitor is allowed more than a 90-day stay in every calendar year unless permission has been granted in the form of a waiver pending the outcome of a residence permit application.
- Completed immigration supplementary Form D by the applicant (Visa form).
- Letter of support from the host.
- Two passport size photos (identical).
- A fee of P500.
- Return visa or residence permit from his/her country of residence.
- Return air ticket.
- Confirmation letter from the country if the person is coming for business purposes.
If a person visiting Botswana wants to stay more than three months, he or she must apply before entering Botswana to the Chief Immigration Officer, P. O. Box 942, Gaborone, tel. (267) 361-1300.