- Includes/ Excludes
- Enquire Now
Game Trail Camping Safari
- Safari Information
- - Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- - Duration; 16 Days / 15 Nights
- - Lodging; Bush Camping
- - Group Size; Minimum 2
- - Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
- Departing Johannesburg we head for the world famous Kruger National Park at 06:30am, a bright and early start.
- The regions we visiting in the Kruger National Park is the remote Pufuri area, rich in wildlife and scenery.
- Morning and afternoon game drives with the opportunity to spot and photograph Africa's wildlife, including Leopard, Lion, Elephants, and Buffalo just to mention but a few.
- Overnight: Campsite - fantastic facilities including hot showers, a pool, and a restaurant with a shop.
- Distance/time: 550km, ± 7 hours.
Day 3: Great Zimbabwe Monument
- At Beit Bridge we enter Zimbabwe on our way to the world famous Great Zimbabwe heritage site near Masvingo.
- The Great Zimbabwe Ruins await, offer you a glimpse into some of the oldest structures in Southern Africa dating back to the 11th to 14th Centuries.
- On foot we get the chance to explore these ancient structures on a guided tour, have your camera ready for some spectacular photographic opportunities.
- Overnight: Campsite - very basic ablution facilities, a restaurant & bar are available.
- Distance/time: 480km, ± 6 hours.
Day 4: Matobo National Park
- Next we make our way eastward towards the incredibly scenic Matobo National Park.
- Matobo National Park is an area of spectacular granite koppies and forest valleys and also the site site of Cecil John Rhodes' grave.
- After setting up camp we get to explore this parks koppies, vistas and a few San Bushman rock paintings.
- Matobo National Park is famous for its rhino population that ranks amongst the highest in Africa.
- Overnight: Campsite - ablution facilities, hot showers & swimming pool.
- Distance/time: 340kms, ± 5 hours.
Days 5-6: Hwange National Park
- Hwange National Park to the North is our next destination, offering us the chance to explore one of Africa's iconic National Parks with 14 650 square kilometers on offer.
- Hwange National Park is famed world wide for her Elephant populations, wildlife and sunsets.
- We set up camp in a private area bordering the national Park itself, morning and afternoon game drives with a local guide are part and parcel of the Hwange experience.
- Overnight: Campsite - ablution facilities with hot showers & relaxing swimming pool.
- Distance/time: 335kms ± 5 hours.
Days 7-8: Victoria Falls
- Next is a short (ish) drive North to the world famous Victoria Falls, home to "the smoke that thunders".
- The next 2 nights are at your leisure, taking in the sights and sounds Victoria Falls herself and all the adventure activities offered in the area.
- White water rafting, bungee jumping, the "flight of angels", sunset cruises are just a few options open to you, all at your own expense of course.
- Overnight: Campsite with fantastic good ablution facilities with a swimming pool and restaurant.
- Distance/time: 200kms ± 3 hours.
Day 9: Chobe National Park
- Heading East we enter Botswana and set up camp on the banks of the Chobe River.
- A definite highlight here is the afternoon game viewing "sundowner" cruise on the Chobe River, whilst watch the largest herds of elephants in Africa playing in the waters.
- Overnight: Campsite with good ablution facilities and a bar & restaurant.
- Distance/time: 85kms ± 1 hour.
Day 10: Nata
- For the first time in a long time we head South down to the small Botswana town of Nata.
- After setting up camp we have the chance to see Botswana famed Makgadikgadi pans.
- Overnight: Campsite offering ablution facilities, hot showers and a bar & restaurant with swimming pool.
- Distance/time: 300kms ± 4 hours.
Day 11: Maun
- Maun the gate way into the Okavango Delta is where we are heading.
- We set up our campsite on the banks of the Thamalakane River, after which the afternoon is spent relaxing around a swimming pool.
- Overnight: Campsite offering fantastic ablution facilities, a restaurant & bar are also on site.
- Distance/time: 370kms ± 5 hours.
Days 12-14: Okavango Delta
- By 4X4 vehicle we are transferred into the Okavango Delta itself where we meet up with our local guides.
- We board Mokoro (dugout canoes) and get transported deeper into the Okavango through channels and waterways.
- We setup camp on a wild and remote island where we start exploring the Delta's amazing wildlife and birdlife on foot.
- There is also get the chance to swim in the crystal clear waters and learn from our guides about their culture and ways of life.
- Returning to Maun on the afternoon of the 14th Day.
- Overnight: Wild camping with bucket shower.
- Distance/time: 2 hour 4X4 transfer into the Delta, each way.
Day 15: Khama Rhino Sanctuary
- Departing Maun we make our way to the Khama Rhino Sanctuary in the west of Botswana.
- The community based Khama Rhino Sanctuary was set up to save and protect the endangered Rhino population.
- A fantastic opportunity to get up close and personal with these magnificent animals as well as learning about the fight we face to keep them alive.
- Overnight: Campsite with good facilities awaits.
- Distance/time: 450km, ± 6 hours.
Day 16: Safari Ends Johannesburg
- Entering South Africa again on the last days drive, we head towards Johannesburg where out safari together unfortunately comes to a end.
- Distance/time: 630km, ± 7 hours.
- Safari Includes
- - 15 nights camping
- - Entrance fees
- - Use of camping equipment (except sleeping bags & pillow)
- - Transport in 4WD / safari truck & minibus
- - Meals as per itinerary
- - Professional guide
- - Okavango Delta excursion
- Safari Excludes
- - Local Flights
- - International flights
- - Visas
- - Items of a personal nature
- - Meals not specified
- - Insurance
- Rates from: € 1395.00
- Per person sharing
- Rates are in EURO'S
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - ZIM; from £ 674
- USA - ZIM; from $ 1537
- EUR - ZIM; from € 904
- Subject to availability & T&C's