Erongo Wilderness Lodge
- Enquire Now
Erongo Wilderness Lodge is nestled amid granite formations on the outskirts of an ancient volcano. These are the Erongo Mountains - a spectacular feature in the heart of a country renowned for it's scenic beauty.
Flanked by the Namib Desert to the West and mixed-woodland savannah to the East, the mountains form a rare confluence of ecosystems that give rise to remarkable biodiversity, including a vast array of plant, reptile, mammal and bird species that are endemic to Namibia.
This Damaraland Wilderness Lodge is a founder member of The Erongo Mountain Nature Conservancy, joining 30 private landowners in a collective effort to conserve and protect this natural treasure of over 200 000ha in extent.
Rooms & Suites:
Erongo Wilderness Lodge has 10 tented chalets, built on stilts, set against towering granite formations. Each chalet has its own niche amongst the rocks, ensuring peace, privacy and exclusivity.
The luxury Meru tents are pitched under steep thatched roofs for shade, and have netting across all windows and doors, allowing only the breeze to enter. The en-suite bathrooms are built around the existing rocks and trees, naturally.
With it's own private deck, bush-style mini-bar, and spectacular setting, each chalet is the best way to experience the lush Erongo environment.
Food & Wine:
Atop a separate granite hill, the restaurant and lounge also offer spectacular views of the mountain landscape.
Guests and animals are able to view each other while enjoying a drink - the guests from the outside deck, and the animals from the floodlit waterhole below.
With a large, central fireplace, comfortable lounge and our 'mokoro' bar, this area is as much for unwinding as it is for fine wining and dining.
– Walking Trails; Walking is the best way to experience the beauty of the Erongo Mountains. Our guides will share their knowledge of the local fauna, flora, and folklore on walks over granite domes and through rich valleys.
– Nature drives in open-topped Landcruisers; Nature drives in open-topped Landcruisers provide insight into our environment, and occasional close encounters with the animals that roam the 200 000 hectare Conservancy.
– Bird Watching; From soaring raptors to the tiniest of sunbirds, the abundant bird life in the Erongo Wilderness area is one of it's most popular drawcards.
- Lodge Information
- - Lodge type; Safari Camp
- - Location; Damaraland
- - Lodge size; 10 safari tents
- - Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
- Lodge Highlights
- - Birdlife
- - Scenery
- - Game drives
- - Nature walks
- - Sundowners
- Rates from: NAD 1 320.00
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in Namibian Dollars
- Namibian Dollars are 1 to 1 with the South African Rand
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - NAM; from £ 800
- USA - NAM; from $ 1700
- EUR - NAM; from € 1100
- Subject to availability & T&C's