- Includes/ Excludes
- Enquire Now
Botswana Wildside Safari
- - Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- - Duration; 13 Night Botswana Safari
- - Lodging; Limited participation camping safari
- - Group Size; Minimum 4
- - Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
- Departing Johannesburg at 06:30am we head north into Botswana. We pass Serowe, birthplace of Botswana’s first president, Sir Seretse Khama, on our way to the Khama Rhino Sanctuary.
-This 4300 hectare reserve situated on the Kalahari sandveld, has several natural waterholes and provides prime habitat for white rhino, zebra and wildebeest.
-We take our first game drive around the open grassland of Malema and Serwe Pans
- Camping -LD
Day 2: Maun
- We drive through the Kalahari to Maun, the gateway to the Okavango Delta.
-Situated on the banks of the Thamalakane River, Maun is a bustling frontier town where we prepare for the delta excursion.
-After setting up camp we have a relaxing afternoon at the swimming pool
- Camping BL-
Days 3-5: Okavango Delta
- Our local guides will take us deep into the heart of the Okavango Delta on Makoro (dugout canoes).
-The delta forms as water flows from the Angolan highlands out over the Botswanan flat Kalahari Desert sands creating a delicate, green oasis for birds & wildlife.
-We will camp wild on remote islands in this amazingly dynamic environment & enjoy bush walks, bird watching & swimming in the clear water.
-Camping with our local guides we learn more about their lifestyle & culture.
-We return to Maun in the late afternoon of day 5 and have time for an optional (own expense) game flight over the Okavango, which will reveal a different aspect of the delta.
- Camping Bx3, Lx3, Dx2
Days 6-9: Moremi & Savuti
- We have 4 nights in these conservation areas with time to explore the various habitats.
-We spend our time on game drives watching the plentiful wildlife including wild dog, elephant, hippo, buffalo, lion & other game.
-Moremi Game Reserve rates as one of the leading wildlife areas of the world and we take our open 4WD vehicle into Moremi for fantastic game viewing!
-Grasslands, floodplains, forests, lily lagoons and winding water channels combine to form a variety of game viewing habitats.
-Moving north over the sand ridge and into the Mababe depression we arrive at the Savuti Marsh.
- This open grassland area attracts herds of zebra and wildebeest, which in turn draw the large lion prides for which Savuti is famous.
-The waterhole near camp is also a favourite drinking point for many elephant and the sunsets here are fantastic.
- Camping BLD
Days 10-11: Chobe National Park
- The Chobe River flows lazily along the northern boundary of the Chobe National Park attracting some of the largest herds of elephant in Africa.
-In the early morning we search for game and return to camp for brunch.
-The late afternoon game viewing "sundowner" cruise is a highlight as we see the mighty elephant herds returning to the Chobe River to quench their thirst.
-We camp at Kasane on the Chobe River for night 11.
- Camping Bx2, Lx2, Dx1
Days 12-13: Victoria Falls, Livingstone
- We camp for 2 nights in Zambia near Livingstone town on the banks of the Zambezi River.
-Enjoy a spectacular walk through tropical vegetation to the very edge of the "Mosi oa Tunya" or "the smoke that thunders" - Victoria Falls.
-Opportunities to white water raft on the mighty Zambezi River, Bungi Jump, or take a “flight of angels” (own expense).
- camping Bx2, -, -
Day 14: Livingstone - Botswana Wildside Safari Ends
- Tour ends at 08:00 after breakfast. Transfers to local airports are available
-B - -
- Rates from: € 1740.00
- Per person sharing
- Rates are in Rates are in Euro's
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - BOTS; from £ 740
- USA - BOTS; from $ 1547
- EUR - BOTS; from € 908
- Subject to availability & T&C's
Botswana Wildside Safari Includes
- - 13 nights camping
- - Entrance fees
- - Use of camping equipment (including sleeping bags in the Delta)
- - Transport in minibus / safari truck & 4WD
- - Meals as per itinerary
- - Professional guide
- - Okavango Delta excursion & Moremi 4WD excursion
Botswana Wildside Safari Excludes
- - Flights
- - Airport taxes
- - Visa costs
- - Drinks
- - When in Livingstone / Victoria Falls - excursions and entrances
- - Gratuities
- - Personal expenses
- - Airport transfers in Livingstone